Epilogue

It had been a few months since the whole corruption fiasco, and it hadn't resurfaced in anyone. It still didn't stop people from being scared, however. They hadn't gone unnoticed, and there was a story about them on the news. Skid was dealt a bad hand. His scars were worse than he thought. His left eye no longer had any whites. The whites of the eye had turned the color of the corruption and the iris/pupil were a bright color. There were also a lot of scars coming from his left eye, but they don't stretch across his face that far. There were also a few minor scars scattered around his body, but they weren't very noticeable. Skid had also realized that he couldn't handle anything with lemons. The memory was just too fresh in his head, and looking at the yellow fruits kept reminding him of how horrible the experience was.

However, every cloud has a silver lining. Girlfriend, Boyfriend, and even Pico sometimes come around to hang out. Sometimes it's as a group and sometimes it's only a few of them. Skid and Pump were almost never separated after the incident, so they stuck together.

Oh yeah. Apparently Boyfriend can indeed speak English, but he chooses not to because he's antisocial. Not that anyone minded.

Now fast forward to a Saturday afternoon. Lila was working in her room and Skid was sitting in the living room watching the TV, and looking at his phone from time to time. The lock screen was a picture his mom had made him, Pump, Boyfriend, Girlfriend, and Pico take a group picture when they were all hanging out.  Skid smiled at the picture and the memories, but something just started feeling.... off. Something felt wrong in... the attic? Why the attic? Curiosity got the better of him so he decided to go up there. When he did make it up there, he could immediately tell something was going wrong. He didn't even know what it could be, but it was something bad. He sighed when he realized what he had to do. Look through the attic until he found what he was looking for. He dug around in various boxes, moved things around, contemplated why he was even doing this, and got distracted by a moth stuck in a spider's web. Skid was also surprised that Lila hadn't come up here yet with all the noise he was making.

Skid sighed and opened a box with a scratched out label. It wasn't that box, but it was just a mislabeled box. It used to hold various pictures, but was later used to hold random junk that didn't belong in a specific box. Basically miscellaneous items. When Skid dug through the box, he found something really interesting. It was a device with a few buttons and switches. It almost looked like a remote control for a tv, but instead of numbers and labels, there were colors. Skid kept the device out, and pushed the box away. He looked at it, and knew exactly what he needed to do. It was his destiny. He proceeded to click and press almost every button and lever on the device. When he pressed a blue button, there was a small flash and Skid was somewhere else.

Skid looked around, taking in the scenery. It all looked very familiar, like his neighborhood, but something was different. Instead of a few houses, there were quite a few trees and other plants in their stead. That's all he could notice. Skid sat on the ground, questions running through his head. He was shook out of trying to get answers when someone or something ran up to him. They looked vaguely familiar.

"Hi!! You look really cool!!" They exclaimed, a big smile on their face. Skid silently wished he could match that level of enthusiasm.  He then decided to look down and noticed something he rarely saw.  His eyes lit up a bit.

"Can I uh... sign your cast?" He asked, pointing to the cast on the kid's arm.

"Of course you can!  Do you need a marker?" Skid nodded, so the kid handed a marker.  Skid smiled and scribbled his name on the cast, feeling a sense of accomplishment.  He noticed the kid staring at the signature.  "Is something wrong?"

"Huh. We have the same name..." The kid mumbled. " Well, I guess that'd be rather confusing, going by the same name.. You can call me Quinn instead!!"

~~~~~~~~~

745 words.

~~~~~~~~~

Any final comments, questions, or concerns?  Comment them here and I'll answer them!

~~~~~~~~~

Final analytics!

~~~~~~~~~

Total word count: 19019

Total page count: 76 according to the google doc.

(I copy 'n' pasted directly from Wattpad, so the text/font was pretty big)

End date: Technically 7/1/2021