Chapter 33

Carter sat next to her brother, he was laying in Scott's bed as Melissa was checking to see if he was okay. Her hand never left his in fear of losing him again. Carter closed her eyes and smiled in relief. She could no longer feel the presence of the strife and chaos of the nogitsune in control of him.

"Well... Medically, you seem okay. You're definitely a real person." She chuckled uncomfortably.

Stiles sighed as tears brimmed his eyes, "Okay, so I'm real, but am I really me?"

"I think you're going to be okay Stiles, I don't sense the nogitsune anymore." Carter smiled at him.

Stiles sat up, grabbing both of his sisters hands, "Carter... What I said earlier, I didn't mean- I mean it wasn't me, I would never think those things."

Carter wrapped him in a hug, "It's okay Stiles, I knew it wasn't you. None of this was you."

Carter winced as Stiles hugged her, her back still in pain, but she couldn't care less. She finally had her brother back. 

They made their way down the stairs, "Is she here?"

"Yeah." Scott said.

"Okay, let's do this." Carter shot her brother a worried glance, "Guys, we have to do this."

"Do you recognize me, hmm?" Kira's mom asked. 

"Wait, I know he's himself, I could tell." Carter said. 

 Stiles looked at her, "It's okay. I'm the one who asked her to come."

"You're the one who's going to get stabbed with swords." Kira said, "Mom, don't do this to him."

"It's already done."

The oni appeared from the shadows, reaching for Stiles. They grabbed the side of his head like how they did the rest of them. 

Stiles' eyes widen as he fell to the floor.

"Look behind his ear." Kira's mom said. Carter rushed to her brother's side looking at the mark left behind his ear. 

"It worked." Scott said.

"So, I'm actually me?" Stiles stuttered out.

"More you than the Nogitsune." Kira's mom said with an almost smile.

"Oh thank God." Carter breathed out.

"Can The Oni find him?" Stiles asked starting to sit up.

"Tomorrow night. It's too close to dawn now." she said.

"A lot can happen in a day." Carter said quietly looking at Scott.

"Can they kill him?" Stiles asked.

"It depends on how strong he is."

"What about Lydia? Why would he take her?" Carter questioned her.

"He would only take her for an advantage."

"You mean her power?" Scott said. 

"The power of a Banshee." Mrs. Yukimura said solemnly.

...............

Carter rushed home with Isaac, looking for a book that belonged to her mother. Tearing through her bookcase she eventually found the one she was looking for.

It was an older looking book with inscriptions on the cover.

Carter sat on the floor with the book laying in front of her. She raised her hands over it, closing her eyes. She whispered a spell which caused the book to open and the pages started to turn.