Chapter 22

Isaac laid in Carter's bed. Looking up, he smiled at his girl.

"Come back." He said smirking.

Carter put on her shorts and sports bra back on before she got back in bed. She laid her head on his chest, listening to his steady heartbeat and breathing.

Isaac stroked his hand through her hair, enjoying being this close to his person.

"Isaac?" Carter whispered, scared that if she talked any louder she would wake up from some dream.

"Yeah love?" He responded.

"I don't want this to end." Carter said softly. "Us together, or even going to school, being normal."

"I don't either Carter, but we're far from normal. We can enjoy the peace while we have it, then if something comes up, we'll get through it together. Like always." He said still caressing her hair.

Carter looked up into his deep blue eyes, "I love you Isaac."

"I love you more than you know." Isaac replied and Carter smiled as she drifted off to sleep in Isaac's arms. She felt so comfortable, so relaxed.

Isaac laid there with his love in his embrace, thinking about how lucky he was. He smiled at each memory that filled his head. He made a promise, to love and to cherish Carter Stilinski. He couldn't lose her.

.................

Carter threw on some black leggings and a cropped black sweatshirt. She then tied her long hair into a slightly messy pony tail.

She checked her phone it was 11:45pm, Stiles wanted to leave to get started on some annual mischief.

Smiling, she hopped out the front door to see her brother waiting in his Jeep.

Carter slapped her hand on the top of the Jeep, "Alright let's do this!"

Stiles looked at her like she had just killed his best friend, "Don't hit Roscoe!"

Carter rolled her eyes at her brother and his love for his Jeep.

"If you had to choose between me, your own sister might I add, and this jeep, I would be scared of your answer." Carter said crossing her arms. 

"Don't worry sis, I know who I would choose." Stiles said placing his hand on the wheel.

Carter smiled but then looked at him squinting her eyes, "Me... right?"

Stiles hesitated then smiled, "Oh yeah of course Cart."

"I hate you." She mumbled under her breath.

The twins pulled up in the parking lot, making sure to park in the back.

"Get your ass down here now. We have a job to do." Carter heard her brother say as they walked through the schools dark hallways. He was carrying a bag full of pranks and mischief.