Chapter 34

"Sweetheart." Carter heard someone say. Her eyes widen at the voice she never thought she would hear again.

"Mom?"

...........

Time seemed to go slower in whatever place Carter was.

"Carter, my sweet girl. It is not your time, you still have so much life ahead of you." She said smiling sadly.

Carter ran to her, embracing her in a hug.

"You and Stiles have gotten so big. I'm so proud of you both." She said brushing her hand over her daughter's cheek.

"Why- How am I here." Carter asked her not understanding.

"It's a place in between life and death. Since you're a witch and my daughter, you brought me here to guide you. You are so brave, I wish I could have helped you grow into the woman you have become." She smiled with tears in her eyes.

"Mom, I miss you so much." Carter cried into her mother's shoulder.

"I know my love," She grabbed Carter's hand leading her towards her body, "You and your brother will do great things. I will be with you both and your father, always."

She glanced away then looked back at Carter, "You have so much to learn my dear. I'm sure you have been getting visions."

The visions? Carter suddenly remembered the dreams she had been having, taking her to New Orleans.

Carter smiled at her as she brought her hand towards her body.

In a flash of light Carter was no longer with her mother.

................

A gasp rung out through Carter's body.

Everyone looked at her, their eyes wide with shock and hope. Isaac's smile was larger than life and it made Carter instantly feel like she wasn't just stabbed with a katana.

"Carter, oh thank god, Carter I thought I lost you." He said wrapping his arms over Carter, protectively.

Scott held his hand on Carter's shoulder letting out a sigh of relief. He sniffled as he wiped the last of his tears away.

"If you ever do that again, Carter." Scott whispered.

"I guess you and Stiles really didn't take all of the stupid with you, huh?" She chuckled. Carter instantly regretted chuckling as the pain in her abdomen grew.

He let out a laugh. The group could hear sirens wailing in the distance.

"How long- how long was I gone." Carter asked digging her head into Isaac's chest more.

"About 5 minutes." Scott replied, "but it felt like a life time."

Stiles and Lydia walked around the corner, Carter's brother barely able to hold himself up.

His eyes widened seeing his twin laying in a pool of her own blood. He mustered up as much strength as he could, which wasn't much but he was more concerned about his sister.

"Cart- Carter!" Stiles yelled out. Panic rose in his body. He didn't see her moving, and there was so much blood.

"Oh my god." Lydia breathed out. Her eyes were red and puffy from crying and screaming. Lydia's vision came true of Carter getting severely hurt.

As they got closer, Carter looked up. She could barely keep her head up so she just let it fall on Isaac. Her eyes got heavy, she just needed to rest her eyes. She could hear the muffled voices of her friends but they were drowned out by the darkness of sleep.