Chapter 17

Stiles, Scott and Carter were in Deaton's clinic after Scott had received a chilling phone call from Deaton claiming he was going to be the next one to be taken as a sacrifice.

All of them were on edge.

Carter's phone buzzed, Isaac had texted her letting her know he was helping Derek. She sends him a quick text back telling him to be careful and keep her updated.

Carter looked back up, paying attention to Scott, "He's gonna find out sooner or later." He said.

"Yeah, but is now really the right time?" Stiles replied, leaning his hand on one of the crates.

"What if not telling him now gets someone else killed?" Scott whispered.

Stiles face grew annoyed, "What if telling him gets him killed, huh?"

Carter's breath catches in her throat, her mind was racing. If her father knew everything about the supernatural, would that get him hurt? All she knows is that she and her brother cannot lose their father. 

"I get that Deaton has been like a father to you. I get that, okay? But this is- Scott, this is our actual father." Stiles said gesturing to the both of them.

"We can't... we can't lose both of our parents, all right? Not both of them." Stiles looked down towards his sister, grabbing her hand seeing the tears in her eyes. Scott looked at his two best friends understanding the circumstances.

"You're right." Scott replies.

Stiles sighs, "No, I'm not. I'm not right."

"I'll tell him." Carter finally speaks up.

"I'll help you." Scott reached out.

Carter nods as Scott walks out. Carter's brother sighs heavily, stress clouding his mind.

She gives him a small hug before they follow Scott.

The three are surprised to see Ms. Morell beginning to talk to Scott.

"Listen, no sheriff, deputy or detective is going to be able to find him." She states.

"You don't have to ask us for help." Scott whispers.

"Actually, I'm trying to help you, because if you're going to find my brother, then you need to use the one person who might actually have an ability to seek out the supernatural." She looks at each of them.

"Lydia." Stiles concludes.

............

Carter slides the door open to Deaton's clinic. Walking in, she immediately feels the fear and distress Deaton experienced, knowing he was going to be taken.

Once she gets to the metal table, she places her hand down. Lighting some candles she prepares herself for a locator spell.

"Please let this work." Carter says out loud.

Carter waved her hand in front of her and the candles now illuminated flames. Now she can focus, closing her eyes, she uses her power to try and find Deaton.

After minutes, she can feel a warm substance sliding down her top lip from her nose. Carter can feel his location being blocked by something or someone. She assumed it's the Darach's power growing after each sacrifice.

Not wanting to give up Carter pushed harder, fighting whatever current of power was blocking her magic. She begins to tremble, focusing all of her energy into the location of the veterinarian. Wind picked up and blew loose papers around the clinic, whipping around her. Glass fell from the shelves as Carter began to cry out. The Darach was already so strong.