Chapter 6

After Derek had helped Erica by squeezing the venom out of her arm, Stiles was still holding on to her.

Carter walked out of the train to catch the end of Scott and Derek's conversation.

"I'm gonna help you stop him, as part of your pack. But we do it on one condition. We're gonna catch him, not kill him." Scott told Derek.

"And?" Derek halfway smiled.

"We do it my way." Scott declared. Carter looked between the two wolves. Scott began to walk out of the building, clearly unhappy teaming up Derek and his pack.

Carter stayed in her spot to give a death glare to the cranky alpha in front of her.

Derek scoffs noticing her intense gaze, "Listen little witch, I agree to doing it on Scott's terms, but-"

Carter leaned over to Derek, squeezing her hand together which forced the alpha to his knees. He groaned in pain trying to get back up, but failing miserably.

Derek knew how strong she was, but this was a new level.

"But nothing. If you or any of your betas go against Scott in any way, I will make sure you don't live to see the next full moon." She says gritting her teeth.

Carter released him, he gasped out being able to get up and breath again. Carter started to make her way out of the building, hoping Scott was still outside. Before she could react, Isaac came from around a corner, leaning against the wall.

"You love threatening people don't you." He had a mischievous grin plastered on his face. She couldn't help but to smile back.

"Only people who are a threat to the ones I love."

Their eyes lingered. Carter felt a sudden spark in her chest. But what she didn't know was that Isaac felt that same spark.

"See ya Lahey." She said as she walked out the door.

Isaac smiled to himself, enjoying even the smallest interactions he had with the younger Stilinski. And he certainly enjoyed watching he walk away.

................

Carter headed over to the animal clinic

Carter headed over to the animal clinic. Scott asked if she could help him with talking to Derek and Deaton about a plan to capture and hopefully save Jackson.

Before Derek arrived, Scott and Carter were just waiting around the clinic. She rested her head on his shoulder before she noticed a bunch of jars with labels.

What was that saying with curiosity? She walked over to a table with jars that were labeled. One being labeled wolfsbane, one mistletoe and even mountain ash. Clearly these were supernatural mixtures Deaton kept on hand for research and protection. But there was one powder that the witch did not recognize.

"Deaton? What's in this jar?" Carter asked curious to the powder inside.

"That would be witch hazel, Carter. Something you should know about." He said.