Chapter 28

Scott was woken up by the sound of his phone ringing. He looked towards the screen, Stiles was calling...

Ah, there's some kind of smell down here. Something smells terrible. It's brutal. My eyes are watering. 

Scott replied, "Okay, listen. I'm calling Carter."

No, no, no, no, don't. 

"But she can help."

Don't. Just please don't call her. Promise you won't. She already worries about me too much. Scott, please.

Scott hesitated, "But what if I can't find you? Stiles, I can't make a promise like that."

No, no, no, just please. Please, don't call her. Come find me. You can do it. She doesn't have to know. Scott, you can find me. 

Stiles was sniffling and shaking out of fear.

Scott replied nervously in fear for his best friend, "I don't know if I can do this."

Oh, I gotta call you back. I have to turn the phone off. 

"What? No, hey, wait" Scott frantically tried to keep his best friend on the line.

I'm gonna call you back. 

"Hold on, Stiles wait Hold on, man." 

The line was disconnected. 

Scott was hyperventilating, searching through his dresser for clothes. 

.................

Isaac and Carter had fallen asleep in his room at the McCall's house. She woke up with his arms wrapped around her torso. Something felt weird. Her chest began to tighten, like how it does at the start of a panic attack. She was about to wake Isaac up, he always helped her when she woke up from sudden panic attacks. 

Carter jumped as she heard yelling coming from Scott's room.

"Isaac! Isaac, get up! I need your help! Isaac!" 

Isaac's eyes open quickly and they look at each other, jumping out of bed. Isaac was still half asleep.

"Why? What's wrong?" Isaac has his hand on the door, hovering above Carter.

Scott looks up, noticing his best friend. 

"What are you doing here?" He asked her, then his eyes scan Carter head to toe. "What the hell Carter!" 

Isaac stepped in front of Carter, now noticing her attire. Carter's eyes widen as she was in a bralette and underwear. 

"Heh, whoops." She said quietly, Scott shook his head like a disapproving older brother.

"We'll talk about this later." Scott gestured to both Isaac and Carter. Scott thought Stiles couldn't get mad that Carter was now involved, he technically didn't call her. She just happened to already be at his house. Unfortunately in Isaac's bed, but he could leave that part out.

"It's Stiles. Get dressed. Both of you." Scott said.

"Scott? What happened you're scaring me." Carter held her stomach, fear clawed at her chest.

"What's wrong with Stiles?" Isaac asked, handing Carter her clothes from the other room. 

Scott looked at Carter with sympathy, "I don't know."

He headed past Isaac and her, now dressed to find her brother. 

Carter rolled her eyes, not caring about anything but her twin at this moment.