Chapter 14

Carter had finished up in the shower and wrapped herself in a towel. She smiled seeing Isaac still laying on her bed.

"We should get ready to go to Deaton's" She said.

He groaned, not excited to leave the comfort. "I guess you're right."

"Im going to get dressed." Carter laughed. "Turn around Lahey."

He looked at Carter confused, "Did we not just sleep together?" He cracked a playful smile grabbing her waist pulling her onto the bed, causing Carter to laugh uncontrollably.

He looked into her eyes with such a loving look. Carter kissed him gently.

...............

Isaac and Carter finally arrived at the clinic. Everyone else was already inside.

Walking in Stiles immediately gives his sister a look, "Where were you two?"

Used to her brother's questioning Carter knew how to respond, "I tried to see if I could get his memories back. Not much success."

Isaac let out air he didn't know he was holding. Carter did her best to hold back a laugh.

As they enter the gate into the back room, Carter noticed a large wash tub.

"Carter, I was hoping you were coming." Deaton started. "Isaac is going to need a tether."

"A what now?" She said. Scott and Stiles were currently filling the tub with loads of ice but they turn their heads in Carter's direction.

"An emotional tether. One with a strong connection." He states.

Carter's cheeks flush, noticing the confused faces of Scott and Stiles. They never accepted any relationship between the two, but as everyone got to know who Isaac really was, no one seemed too concerned.

Scott and Stiles were just always over protective.

"Yeah I can do that." Carter says looking to Isaac. He smiles. He comes to stand behind Carter wrapping his arms loosely around her frame. She could tell he was nervous for what was about to happen.

And to be honest, Carter was too.

"Hey, hey! No touchy!" Stiles said pointing his finger towards Isaac.
.........

"Hey, hey! No touchy!" Stiles said pointing his finger towards Isaac

"Obviously, it's not going to be particularly... Comfortable. But if we can slow your heart rate down enough, you'll slip into a trance-like state." Deaton said looking at Isaac.

"Like being hypnotized." Isaac said rubbing his chin in discomfort.

"Exactly. You'll be half transformed. It'll let us access your subconscious mind." Deaton continued trying to explain everything in detail, hopefully to calm the nervous beta.

Scott looked at Deaton, "How slow does his heart rate need to be?"

"Very slow."

Derek looked up, "Okay, well, how slow is very slow?"