Chapter 21 (Season 3b)

Carter was laying in her bed as she stared at the ceiling. She turned over to look at her clock only to groan that it was three in the morning.

Suddenly, Stiles' screams rang throughout the house, making Carter's heart stop.

She shot up out of bed running to his room across the hall, seeing their dad doing the same.

"Hey, hey, hey. It's okay. It's okay. You're okay." Their dad held on to Stiles while he was still screaming. Carter's hands covered her mouth as she choked back sobs. Seeing her brother like this terrified me.

He had been waking up from night terrors ever since the near death experience to find the Nemeton. Maybe that's why she hadn't been sleeping, she was just preparing herself to comfort her brother when he needed her.  

Carter had never been happier to see the sun rise the next morning. She got up from her bed to get ready for the day. 

By the time she had gotten dressed and drowned herself in coffee, it was time to leave. She went up the stairs to grab Stiles.

"Hey. You all right? You ready for school?" Their dad asked as Carter walked into her brother's room.

Stiles only held a tight lipped smile, "Yeah, yeah, I'm good. Dad, seriously, I'm fine. It was just a nightmare. What's that?"

"That's just, uh, files from the office." He said.

Carter leaned forward to read the words written on the box, "It says 'Sheriff's station, do not remove.'"

Their dad shrugged sheepishly, "Well, yeah, unless you're the Sheriff. "

Stiles and Carter both nodded their heads. 

"Now get your butts to school, all right?" The sheriff said sternly looking towards his two kids.

..............

Stiles and Carter walked onto the school grounds when they saw a frantic Scott running down the stairs, constantly looking behind him.

"Hey. Hey, you all right? You don't look all right, Scott." Stiles said while grabbing his shoulders.

"I'm okay." He replied still shaken.

"No, you're not. It's happening to you too. You're seeing things, aren't you?" Stiles said concerned. Carter rubbed her temple, they just couldn't catch a break.

Scott winced, "How'd you know?"

Carter noticed Allison and Lydia walking up with worried glances.

"Because it's happening to all three of you." Carter said scared. She knew that there would be consequences when the three were put into a death trance. 

They walked through the doors. Lydia began smirking to herself, wrapping an arm around Carter.

"Well, well, look who's no longer the crazy ones." Lydia chuckled.

Carter looked at her, "Wait, who said I was crazy?"

"Sweetheart, have you ever seen your face when you have a vision?" Lydia responded placing a hand on Carter's.

"Touche" Carter grimaced.

"We're not crazy." Allison tried to counter.

"Hallucinating? Sleep paralysis? Yeah, you guys are fine." Lydia said rolling her eyes. 

"We did die and come back to life. That's gotta have some side effects, right?" Scott said.

"We keep an eye on each other. Okay? And Lydia, stop enjoying this so much." Stiles said rolling his eyes at Lydia.