Chapter 11

I researched this as much as I could, so I'm sorry for any discrepancies with reality, however we are going to go with this for story purposes. Enjoy!

-------

"I want my Nana," Quinn said, pulling the blanket up closer to her face because she was feeling scared and shy. Aspyn tried not to make a face, but she felt bad that Quinn didn't seem to know the woman who tucked her in at night had passed on.

"I know, I'm sorry she isn't here right now," Aspyn replied, "You have some food here, you hungry?"

The brown haired girl shook her head, tears welling in her eyes as she began to feel more and more scared as time went on. Aspyn's heart broke, and she couldn't help but blink away a few as well.

"Do you want me to go?" Taylor asked softly, unsure of if Aspyn would feel comfortable with her being there at such a big moment. She didn't understand what was going on and didn't want to intrude. Although she was fairly certain this was going to change things, and she wasn't sure how much, she knew it would.

"If you're not comfortable you can, I'll- I'll explain everything later, I'm sorry," Aspyn said back just as quietly, barely turning her attention away from Quinn. She wanted to reach out and hold her, but she could tell Quinn wouldn't be okay with it and she didn't want to mess up anything.

"Why don't I go get little miss something that looks better than those mashed potatoes, hmm? What's your favourite food?" Taylor inquired with a gentle smile towards the child, hoping there was something close by that she could pick up.

"Chicken nuggets," Quinn mumbled back, her green eyes flashing through the long eyelashes that battered against each other. Taylor grinned, feeling sure that she had seen a McDonald's not far. She looked to Aspyn quickly who nodded and mouthed a 'thank you'.

Taylor got up with a gentle hand to Aspyn's shoulder that squeezed it softly, turning around and exiting the room where she joined her security guards outside the door. Aspyn was left alone with Quinn for the first time since she was born, since she had those couple days to bond with her before Daniel whisked her away and threatened his sister if she tried to do anything about it because Emma couldn't conceive and they wanted a child.

It was completely messed up, it really was.

"The last time I saw you, you were about this big," Aspyn made a gesture with her hands to demonstrate what she was referring to, it made Quinn look at her inquisitively for a moment before she posed a question.

"You know me?"

"I do know you, actually. I knew the people who took care of you and then I moved away so I've been gone for a while, but I think you and I might be friends again. Can we be friends?" Aspyn bent down and rested her forearms against her thighs, levelling her face with Quinn's.

"Do you like tea parties?" Quinn raised her eyebrows seriously.

Aspyn chuckled, nodding as she said, "I do like tea parties. Especially if you have cookies at them. You like cookies, right?"

"Yeah!" Quinn smiled wide at the thought, she loved tea parties and used to make her grandparents sit through hours upon hours of them.

"Good," Aspyn returned the smile, her stomach filling with a mix of emotions that she probably would describe as 'hjkdjjskjskskksskaksksd', had she said them out loud.

"Aspyn, can I speak with you for a minute?" The social worker peaked through the door, waving Aspyn to come out with her. The actress stood up and gave Quinn one short last smile before she stepped out.

The next words that followed through were a blur, something about a criminal background check and home study, according to both state laws once the woman, Dorothea, found out Aspyn usually resided in California.