Chapter 29

I'm so sorry for all the Joe in this chapter, but it is important! *cries in writing male characters is awkward*

———————

"Good morning," Joe smiled as he opened the door of Aspyn's trailer on set. He wasn't originally intended to be a character after the first season but the pair tested for high ratings and seemed to be a huge hit, especially since in the public eye, one of them had dated Taylor, and one of them was still dating Taylor.

"Morning," Aspyn smiled back softly, sitting on the couch while waiting for her first call time of the day. She had already been to hair and makeup, and was just waiting for things to start rolling.

"You didn't call me last night, long day? How was Quinn's adoption?" The English man asked as he sat down, the same thing they did most days they were starting the first scene together.

"It was great," the actress replied, genuinely smiling this time, "She looked so pretty and was kind to the judge, and she loved all the attention. But she had a tantrum on the way home."

"Oh gosh, what for?"

Aspyn paused, "She wanted Taylor to come for dinner, actually."

Honesty was the best policy, because she needed things to work with Joe. No lies, no secrets. This was it.

"Taylor was at the adoption?" The blond haired man looked surprised, not jealous. He was well tempered, and that was something Aspyn appreciated very much.

With a nod, Aspyn fidgeted with the ring on her finger and answered, "I didn't know she was coming. It was the first time we'd talked since..."

"Yeah, we don't talk either. Are you okay with seeing her? Do you need to talk about it?"

"I'm good with it," Aspyn said as she wrapped her arms around Joe, "It's very good to see you now, though."

"Mhmm," Joe smiled as his hands went around her waist, pulling her a bit closer. It was funny how well they got on, but Aspyn still struggled to see him romantically sometimes. It always felt a little tiring to put the effort in.

Just before he could lean in for a kiss, although being mindful they both had makeup on that was not to be ruined, Aspyn dashed up and towards the bathroom and began to unload her breakfast once again.

"Shit," Joe got up quickly, trying to help Aspyn with whatever came over him. He had no idea yet, Aspyn wasn't ready to tell him beforehand, "Are you alright?"

Obviously, Aspyn couldn't answer because she had her head in the toilet.

Two or so minutes later, she felt like she was done and stood up to brush her teeth, thankful that she had a toothbrush and mouthwash on set as well. It was a necessity at this point, being about the fourth day of morning sickness she had so far.

"Are you sick?" Joe questioned as he rubbed his girlfriend's back, trying to soothe her.

Aspyn shook her head, "No, not sick."

"What did you eat? Bad milk or something?"

Aspyn shook her head again, and was hoping she didn't have to say the words to him. She didn't want this to be the moment, but she didn't think there would be another time. There was no real right time.

"I don't understand..." Joe trailed off before his face settled silently. He looked at the dark haired girl for a moment, like his brain was working a million miles a minute, his blue orbs glancing down at her stomach before back at her blush covered cheeks in the mirror, "No way."