Chapter 38

For fun, we're moving the Grammy's to March!

———————

Are you sure you want to do this?

Yes, we're sure.

Your first public event together is a huge deal.

It's time.

Your bump is very noticeable, people will talk...

Let them talk, it's not their business.

We still haven't figured out how to address the baby.

You address the baby as our baby because it's our baby. That's final.

And you're sure you want to go together?

I wouldn't want anyone else with me.

The couple was ready in the back of the car, Renee and Tree, their publicists, in a car behind them. They had spend almost the entire time the hair and makeup team were getting them ready assuring the two women that they would be fine and that they were ready for such event.

They had to face reality, people were going to find out about the baby. They decided that while Taylor wasn't ready to adopt Quinn because she wanted Quinn to be old enough to understand and make sure it was something she wanted, they were going to put Taylor on the baby's birth certificate.

They would have put Joe, but later on if Taylor wanted to then adopt the infant, they'd have to go through a long process of correcting it and unfortunately it wasn't worth it. Taylor would become a legal parent (advised by their legal team this time, thank you very much), and they would raise the baby together.

The Grammy's were the night they were going to unveil themselves properly to the world, Taylor was up for three nominations and was reportedly looking like she was going to win at least one. She wasn't expecting much for evermore but she did still have a bit of hope. The new era, now that all her albums were re-recorded, would be starting in two months once the tour was finished.

That would also give her the last two months at home with Aspyn before the baby arrived, despite a few talk show appearances that were already booked and events, she would be working on making music and promoting music and she was okay with that because she could be close by.

It was crazy how much Aspyn had spun her life around, but it was a good crazy. She wouldn't change it for the world.

"Maybe I should have gone with the other dress," Aspyn mumbled, using her phone camera as a mirror just a couple minutes before they were ready to step onto the red carpet.

"I think that dress is perfect," Taylor reassured her, a gentle hand on her girlfriend's shoulder, "You look amazing, you should feel amazing. You're glowing, look at you."

Aspyn blushed softly as she looked down at the ground, too shy to meet Taylor's eyes. The singer chuckled with a wide smile.

"Seriously, look at you. You're the most beautiful woman I've ever seen, don't even think for a second you're not. All you have to do is hold my hand and smile for the cameras and then we can sit and clap for people who win, and if I win you just have to give me a grounding point to look at or I'll get nervous."

"Thank you, baby," Aspyn gave Taylor a brief embrace, "You'll win something, I just know it."

"That's the hope."

The camera flashes on the red carpet were blinding. Aspyn had never been to an awards show before, she heard rumours that her television series might be up for an Emmy in the upcoming fall, but she hadn't actually ever had a reason to attend such an event before.