Chapter 13

"I'm free Tuesday night, are you free?" Taylor asked Aspyn over their FaceTime call as she diced some peppers to put into her omelette, standing in the kitchen of her Los Angeles home.

"I only have Monday nights off because I take Quinn to her school's playgroup," Aspyn sighed, "And even if I was, I don't have a babysitter."

"What do you do with her when you are at work?" Taylor furrowed her eyebrows, glancing up at the screen.

"She sits at the food pass and colours or watches movies, and then I have a little cot in the back she falls asleep in on school nights and I put her to bed when I get home."

"The same 'don't breathe the air', diner?" The singer asked with a bit of shock, she assumed that Aspyn had a babysitter or a friend that watched Quinn.

"It's not that bad, and I'm the manager now so I've really turned things around. It's not like I'm always working, we spend the mornings together even though she's a night owl, and we do breakfast everyday and sometimes the park when it's sunny out."

"So I'm hearing I can't have nights, and I can't steal her mornings. How about lunch?"

"How about lunch on Wednesday?" Aspyn asked as she folded another pair of Quinn's leggings and tucked them into the drawer. She saw Taylor's screen become paused as she checked her calendar before the blonde hummed affirmatively.

"I can do that... I'll pick you up at noon?" Taylor replied.

"That sounds good, I just have to be back to get Quinn from school at three-thirty."

Wednesday came quicker than expected, and after a busy morning of getting the stubborn little girl to school after bath time and cleaning up the apartment a little, Aspyn put some makeup on as well as a nice outfit, a blouse tucked into some black jeans, and waited for Taylor's text that she was outside.

Sneaking around from any watching eyes or paparazzi, as well as not introducing a new relationship to Quinn was kind of difficult.

"Hey," Taylor said as Aspyn opened the door to her heavily tinted car, parked just outside the apartment building with bars on the lower windows.

"Hi, thanks for picking me up," the dark haired girl replied as she sat down and reached for her seatbelt.

Taylor nodded, "No worries. I was thinking I could cook for you? You okay with that?"

"As long as it's not macaroni and cheese or chicken nuggets," the waitress chuckled, looking at Taylor with a smile. The singer agreed, putting the car into drive before reaching for Aspyn's hand and giving it a quick squeeze while unsure if she could hold it any longer than that.

"But that sounds awesome," Taylor playfully replied with a dramatic sigh and eye roll, "I was gonna make that exact meal."

"Okay listen, it sounds awesome for about... a week and then it's just nauseating."

"I will happily make you an adult meal," Taylor hummed with a small laugh, shaking her head slightly as she pulled off Aspyn's street.

They talked about their weeks on the drive back to Taylor's home, and upon arriving, Taylor led Aspyn into the home before turning to put her keys down.

"Can I greet you properly now?" Taylor asked softly as she slipped off her shoes, Aspyn nodded and felt one of the blonde's hands slip onto her hip and pull her closer, pressing them firmly against each other.

The waitress put her palm on Taylor's shoulder as their lips collided, not sure how long the kiss would go on. Taylor didn't seem to pull away quickly, breaking apart for a quick breath before replacing the warmth of her lips with another kiss, although much shorter.