Chapter 23

I have my largest exam for my schooling coming up this month so updates will likely be scarce for a while but I hope you enjoy!

———————

The next day, Taylor was in New York, three hours ahead of Los Angeles time on the set of Good Morning America. She had been prepped by Tree about what to say and what to avoid, and knew this interview was incredibly important for her career.

"Tree, can you take my phone?" Taylor said a minute before she was supposed to step onto stage, about to pass it over when a Snapchat notification appeared on her screen, "One second."

She quickly opened up the app and smiled instantly when a very dimly lit video came up, "We woke up super early to watch you, she's gonna go back to sleep but we wanted to say good luck and love you! Can you tell Taylor you love her?"

"No," Quinn grumbled as she tiredly rubbed her eyes, it was just after five in the morning in Los Angeles, "Kay, love you."

"I love you too!" Taylor quickly sent back before passing her phone over to Tree who was slightly annoyed at the entire debacle, Taylor's cheeks warm with embarrassment from her publicist seeing her so mushy.

"Very cute, remember not to say too much and please divert questions about previous relationships with women."

"I know, I know. I got it, I'm on in a second," the singer hummed with a nod, waiting for the stage crew's instructions before stepping out and waving to the camera as she sat down.

The interview started with a brief few questions, congratulations about her Grammy's, and then a picture of her and Aspyn kissing was put on the monitor.

"So, would you like to explain this?" The interviewer inquired with a sly smile, it was a huge deal for their show to have Taylor on after a media scandal like this, the views were off the charts.

"That's my girlfriend, Aspyn. Not too much to say about it, someone had broken into my neighbours yard to take pictures, a paparazzi. I had no idea until yesterday when the pictures leaked, this was months ago."

"And the little girl? Is that her daughter?"

"Mhmm, she's a sweetheart. We have tea parties and chicken nugget dates, she's one of my best friends in the whole world," the blonde replied with a wide smile.

The interview nodded as he smiled softly too, "Last we heard, you were in a relationship with Joe Alwyn, have you always been in PR relationships to hide your sexuality?"

"No," Taylor said strongly, she was out of her comfort zone now because she felt the need to be defensive and she didn't like her business out in the open, "Any relationship you have seen in the media has been real, I made the choice to keep my life private and not everything you see is what you get. Joe is an absolutely lovely guy and he and I decided to part ways but the details of it are no one's business. Frankly, neither is my relationship with Aspyn but I figured I owed my fans a small explanation, especially those also in the LGBTQ community."

"So you're asking for your privacy, basically?"

"Yes, especially if her daughter is with us. Please, don't approach us because you'll scare her, and please do not try and take photos of her or anything like that. I'm very appreciative of my fans, they are like a family to me but it's one thing to approach me on the street, approaching a child just isn't okay and I really ask they respect that because just yesterday we were trying to get home and security had to make a wall to protect her."

"Her name? Do you mind sharing that?" The interviewer asked, raising his eyebrows.

"I absolutely do mind, just for her privacy. Thank you for having me on the show."