Chapter 40

Taylor and Aspyn approached Andrea's Nashville home with Quinn, the singer carried a box of cupcakes in her hand. They weren't doing a big reveal of the baby's gender or anything, just some cupcakes with frosting in them for Taylor's family and Quinn.

Aspyn had already spilled the beans to Leo and Tamima the night they found out, and Grace later on in the week. Now, about a week later, she and Taylor managed to coordinate a weekend trip with all three girls, which also meant Aspyn could meet Scott and Austin.

"Be on your best behaviour," Aspyn warned the little girl, a motherly raised eyebrow accompanied the reminder.

Quinn sighed while holding Aspyn's hand and said, "Yes, Mommy."

"Thank you," Aspyn broke out a smile, ready for the door to open. She was nervous, she was really scared of meeting Scott and Austin, on top of making another good impression on Andrea.

"Hi, Mom!" Taylor hugged her mother the second the door opened, a grin on her face due to her excitement. It didn't matter how old she got, her mother would always be her best friend.

"Taylor, goodness, I almost spilled my tea," Andrea chuckled, carefully moving to hug her daughter back.

"You must be Aspyn," Scott opened his arms and invited the girl for a quick hug, she nodded and gave him a smile.

"It's nice to finally meet you, Taylor has told me a lot about you."

They exchanged a few pleasantries as Aspyn hugged Andrea too, Austin hadn't come out from where he was hiding in the home yet. Andrea smiled at Quinn and reached into her pocket, "Hi, I'm Andrea. You must be Miss Quinn, that's right?"

"Princess Quinnie," the brown haired girl corrected, new people at first could be a little scary and she felt herself moving her fingers to her t-shirt collar to try and pull it up to hide.

"Oops, my apologies Princess," Andrea laughed softly, "I picked this up for you today, it's glittery lip balm. I heard you like glittery lip balm."

"Mhmm and Mommy does not," Aspyn chimed in with a laughing sigh, she knew full well by the end of this visit Quinn would be coated in a full tube of glitter and her face would be completely full of it.

"I'll clean her up," Taylor offered, her arm sliding around Aspyn's back tightly, pulling her close.

"Then I love the stuff."

"That's good," Taylor's mother laughed, handing it over. Quinn said thank you and accepted Scott's offer for a high five. The singer's parents had collectively decided to try and make a good impression on Quinn because she was basically their grandchild now.

"Where's Austin?" Taylor asked, still carrying the white box in her hands. She brought it over to the counter and set it down.

Scott shrugged before Andrea could respond, "He's upstairs in one of the room's talking to his manager. He'll be down in a few minutes."

"Oh okay... how are you feeling?" The blonde asked. She was always worried about Andrea's health, and she knew their time together was getting limited.

"I'm okay today," she forced a smile, "Besides that, how are you two doing?"

"We're good, thankfully Taylor's voodoo didn't work and the baby has ten fingers and toes and kicks up a storm."

"I have a picture!" Taylor grinned, they had gotten a better picture and Taylor showed it off to anyone and everyone she possibly could.

Reaching into her wallet, the singer flashed the sonogram image. She had replaced the older one with the new one, which showed more of the shape of the baby's head and arms.