Chapter 27

"I don't know how to deal with you changing your mind every five seconds."

"I don't think I can deal with your constant drama!"

"Maybe you're right, maybe I am too fucked up for you."

"Maybe I am supposed to be alone forever!"

"I told you not to get involved with me!"

"You're a fucking train wreck waiting to happen!"

"Fine! Take your stuff and go!"

6 Months Later - Adoption Day

The courthouse was bustling with energy that Tuesday morning, and it seemed that Aspyn had a larger community around her than she had originally thought.

The benches were filled, about four rows worth of people sitting in anticipation of getting to see what was supposed to be one of the happiest moments of Aspyn and Quinn's life. Quinn was finally going to be Aspyn's legal daughter, again. It was a messed up system but she had dug her own grave six and a half years prior and now she was finally getting her happily every after... ish.

Leo and Tamima, along with their respective boyfriend and girlfriend were in the stands. They had made a promise to be there for the special day. The cooks from the old restaurant who had been charmed by Quinn's wit from the first time they met were standing in the back. Some of the crew and cast, such as Aspyn's hair and makeup artist, were seated in the gallery.

There were some people she'd met along the way, a girl from down the block who's son Quinn played with after school sometimes. Grace, Sam and Grace's new boyfriend, Riley.

Oh... did I mention Robert Kent died?

Yeah, a heart attack. He won't really be missed.

Grace left Charlie the week Robert's will was executed, apparently she was just waiting for him to pass so she could live her own life. She was still Aspyn's lawyer, but she was working more on things she wanted to do and not things she felt the need to do. Samantha also looked a lot happier now that she only had to go to dinner with her father once a month.

Michael was also there, not in the seating side of the courtroom but as one of the parties adopting Quinn. Kind of, he was signing over his rights and allowing Aspyn sole and complete custody of Quinn, with no strings attached.

Let's rewind a bit...

When Robert showed up at Taylor's house, Michael had absolutely no idea his father had any intention of speaking to Aspyn never mind having left England in the first place.

Michael was busy that day, his wife, Cassandra, had gone into labour and delivered a baby girl that evening. He had never mentioned wanting custody of Quinn, and even though his wife was livid with him, they were too entranced by their daughter to pay much mind to it.

Biologically, Quinn had a sister. Michael last minute suggested a name for her that later on, when Aspyn found out, kind of felt like an homage to Quinn. Her name was Autumn Grace Kent and she looked a lot like Quinn. Cassandra was in the gallery with the baby, who Quinn was completely amazed by before the ceremony began.

That's pretty much all you need to know. Nothing else really major happened... I mean, Aspyn and Taylor hadn't spoken in six months but that's not important.

"You may be seated," the judge spoke after she took her place. The woman smiled at the crowd and looked down at her paperwork, "I'll have to say, this is probably one of the most interesting and yet heartbreaking cases that has ever passed through my courtroom."