Chapter 53

TW: there's a creepy guy who tries to convince Aspyn to sleep with him but kind of in a skeezy way however it's not graphic, be safe and know everything is okay.

The word 'rapey' is mentioned, even though it's not actually a word but you know, be safe and cautious. You're more important than a chapter <3

Love you guys

———————

Somehow, Taylor convinced Aspyn to slip into what resembled a ball gown. It was blue, the fabric smoothed over her edges like fine wine down the throat. Taylor was watching from the doorway, her breath slow.

Aspyn tried to once again fix or flatten a minor ripple, unsure of the outfit. Taylor's usual hair and makeup artist had come in and done it all for her, because New Years Eve was a big deal in the social world, and she wanted to make sure she looked good if she was going to be at Taylor's side.

Taylor took the chance, her fiancée still oblivious to her watching eyes, and let out a low whistle, "We could almost skip the party."

"You mean you want to skip performing at the Times Square ball drop?" The raven haired girl turned around, reaching for the ring on the dresser and slipping it onto her finger, "I don't think so."

"I could do it next year," Taylor hummed, her eyes avoidant to anywhere on Aspyn's face, stuck onto her endowments.

"I'm pretty sure next year, you and I will be able to have some fun but this year we both need to be out there," the actress denied Taylor's request, knowing the blonde wouldn't skip work anyways.

"I'm performing the lead single for the first time, you're right," she pressed a gentle kiss to the top of Aspyn's head, avoiding ruining either set of makeup.

"And you will do amazing while I schmooze up all of your friends to not only demonstrate that I'm not the train wreck who slept with your ex but also a good actress who is capable of maybe doing movies someday and not just prime time television."

She was joking, she was just trying to make friends with people Taylor knew, hopefully that would make future events run smoother.

Taylor chuckled, "Okay, honey. You do your thing, just make sure you're with me at midnight so I can kiss you."

"I'll be there, I promise," Aspyn smiled.

They checked once more on the kids before they stepped out of the Tribeca apartment, having flown in from Rhode Island the day before. Their new nanny (despite Aspyn's many, many protests) was watching them for the first time and Scott had tagged along to make sure things went well.

Deciding they both had to get up and back to work meant caring for a seven month old and a seven year old was difficult to achieve full time. When Quinn had school it was manageable, but they needed a place for Kieran and they felt the safest thing would be their own home, with a live in nanny that Aspyn would banish from sight the second they got home, (except if she wanted to use the amenities, like the security guards).

"Stop checking your phone, she isn't going to text you. She's on strict orders to leave you be for the night," Taylor said softly just before the car stopped, they both knew paparazzi loitered outside the tinted windows.

"What if there's an emergency?" Aspyn looked up like Taylor had just told her the worst news, "How will I know?"

"My dad is there and she'll text me," Taylor grinned at how quickly her fiancee's face swelled up with anger and settled again, "Now smile, we've got a show to put on."

"Aren't we happy? It's not a show if we're happy."

"No, you have to look neutral. I guess it's been a while since I've taken you out where there's paparazzi. If you smile now, if you stop smiling in the future they'll judge you. Just try and ignore them and keep a straight face," the blonde explained, refreshing Aspyn's memory.