Chapter 1: Bloodline

"Mom"?

A young boy said, looking up at his mother. He and the woman were in a large room made of bricks and cement, with a large platform in the middle of the room on which Lara Tyber now knelt. A harsh light shone down on them from above.

Her arms were restrained by chains to opposing walls and she was looking down with sad eyes at her son. She had a gag in her mouth, preventing speach, but the emotion in her eyes was enough even for the 12 year old boy to understand.

Unrestrained guilt and sadness.

She wore the same maids outfit she always did, this time however, with a necklase draped over her neck of a small cross. "Mom, why are you up there? Why are your arms like that?" the young child asked, confusion in his voice and on his face. She shook her head slowley, closing her eyes before opening them again, with a calm and comforting aura replacing the previous sad and guilty look she had.

"Your mom has to go somewhere" I look over to see uncle Willy leaning against the wall and the door right behind me, his eyes briefly glancing up at his sister before moving away quickly. He also had a sad look on his face.

"Uncle Willy, why is she going away? Will she be gone for long?"

Willy smiled at the boy, ruffling his hair before removing a box from his jacket pocket. He opened it to reveal a syringe with two needles and a small vile of liquid.

He attached the needle to the syringe and filled the tank with the vial of liquid

"You will see her again soon my boy, I promise you" he said,  before taking your arm and injecting the liquid into it.

The last thing you remember, is falling to the floor, feeling your body writhe, and seeing Uncle Willy walking out and closing the door behind him, before everything faded to black.

I reawoke in my bed, the sun shining through the large window on my right across my small room, bouncing off the walls and making everything glow.

I sat up slowley, feeling stiff. I looked around before looking at the pocket watch that sat on my nightstand.

2 Oclock??