Chapter 5: Transmute

Weeks have passed and I am still getting dreams of my mother. Now however, there are no brandings being burned into my skin, nor am I being crushed by my own hammer. Instead, me, my mother and my ancestors of the Tyber family have communicated. It was slowley at first, the whispers were quiet and subtle. Now, they are loud, demanding to be heard.

It was here I learned everything. The real reason the Eldian people are treated like animals, the real reason of how the titans came to be, and the real philosophy of our ancestor, Ymir. I learned from my aincent grandmother, who visited the island on a mission hundreds of years ago, of how the poeple of Paradise were normal people, trying just as hard to survive as we were here.and what were the Marleyans doing? Turning their own race into man eating giants and sending them into paradise, to kill their own.

It made me sick.
It built hatred.
I need to get out of here.

What I heard from the soilders in the barracks all those weeks ago, what I heard from Magath, all those weeks ago, did not unfortunatly happen to be some stupid rumor being passed around. Having searched through letters left in Magaths office on the training grounds, and having spent some time keeping a close eye on the Tybers, I have learned Willy has indeed found another candidate, my younger cousin Ana. A real thorn in the side, dedicated to Marley through the lies fed to her by my uncle and the thought process of a dog. Someone who acted upon orders or instructions over her own judgement.

It made me sad frankly. My own family, having passed the titan down to me specifically, has casually changed their minds and the moment a puppet with silkier strings comes along, they have no problem with feeding their own flesh and blood to it. All for that extra bit of safety and reassurance. Mother always gave me the freedom to speak and think, which could be why they see me as a threat. If, say for example,  something were to happen and I were to learn of the history between Eldians and Marley, had I learned of the Tyber families actions generations ago, would they still be able to keep me on a leash through my bloodline? Or would I abandon and possibly turn on them?

These are risks they are clearly not willing to take and If I were to hazard a guess, I would say my mother specifically chose me to inherrit the titan due to these circumstances. She would not accept any other candidate. As much as it pained her to shorten her own sons life so drasticaly, having seen her memories and having been introduced to her thoughts and feelings on the matter, it was clear she wanted someone with a free mind, someone who could think and act for themselves and those they cared about, rather than hating those I was told to hate because the family demanded it. Someone who could possibly change the way the Tyber family lived, and maybe even the lives of other Eldians.

I also learned of how every other War Hammer shifter experienced a similar branding to the one I got along my back. My mothers was a jagged and sharp design, similar to mine, going along her forearm. My grandfathers, along his left hand and my great grandmothers, along her shin. They were just as clueless as to why this happened as I was, however that didnt matter as of now.

What mattered was how I was going to change mine and my peoples lives.

Forever.

No more slavery.

No more prejudice.

No more hatred.

But what can a single titan shifter do?
Yes, I am extremely powerful. Ive proven that through my abilities to utelise the hardening and shifting ability. Butcould I take on a nation, an empire?

I have to.

For the sake of those who I call me people.

"No ones P.O.V"

The boy, with his back against his bedroom wall, whispered to himself. The sun disappeard behind the clouds, darkening the room. It was quiet, till the patter of rain began to hit the roof. He let a breath out of his mouth, before looking up, burning holes into the opposite wall, his eyes darkening.

"I will fight. I will kill. No more mercy"

"Marleyans...will have their freedom taken...by those they enslaved"