Chapter 2: Tutelage

A total of  year has passed since I was dragged kicking and screaming from my familys home, since I ate my mother and since I lost all faith in humanity being something worthwhile and beautiful. I was trained and worked like a dog, mentally, physically and psychologicaly.

Every whisp of who I once was was gone, taken....stolen. I no longer felt human, like that part of me was taken and left blank, without anything left to replace it. Just blank dark iron walls remained, not letting even me into my own mind.

I contemplated all of this as I sat on my top bed of the small shack I called my living quaters. It measured 10 feet in width and 12 feet in length from inner wall to wall.

It housed a bunk bed, a small desk and chair, a sink, a small cupboard and a wardrobe. It also had a small window to the west wing, above the desk and a small oil lantern hung from the ceiling.

I sat on my bed, one knee drawn up to my chest and my head hanging beside it. My eyes were closed and I was contemplating over the happenings of the last year. It hurt, it really hurt when I was taken. Mother must have been the only one keeping me there. The only one truly to show me any real affection.

I then heard the sound of gravel scattering and opened my eyes. Lifting up my head, I watched the door for a moment, hearing the noise draw closer, before stopping at my door. Then, someone started banging on it.

"Oi, brat, get out here and say hello to your fellow comrades" i heard the harsh voice of captain Magath shout from outside. I watched the door for a moment, knowing in exactly 10 seconds, he will snap and burst in here. I always like to put it to the test however. Reading and knowing people was a good thing. I heard another bang before silence.

'Annyy second noww....' I thought. Then, the door then burst open. Magath stood there with a red, angry face, a hand on the frame of the door and kicking up gravel inside my quaters from the path just outside.

I gave a grimmace of disgust down at the dirt, before looking up at him with a blank stare before nodding, jumping down from the bunk and making my way out toward the door.

I was passing the Captain and making my way out until I was grabbed by the coller. I looked back around at him, and saw him glaring at me, getting up in my face.

"You'll do what your told, you'll do it when your told and you'll do it perfectly, that is the only way you filth can pay for your sins" Magath sneered.

"Let go, you'll crease my uniform" I said , maintaining eye contact the whole time.

The hatred I held for this man was on another level all together.

He narrowed his eyes, before roughly shoving me in front of him. I stumbled slightly, but quickly and regained my balance and began walking, leaving him behind.

I continued to walk along the path, heading towards the western wing of the camp. I passed a large office building, wash and bunk houses for Marleyan soilders and different supply and storage sheds. There were squads of Marleyan gaurds and soilders walking in formation and I passed two groups, before nearin the far western wing of the camp.

I could start to make out the shape of 7 people, 2 of which were female and the remaining of which were male, i'm guessing no older than me, standing with their backs to the wall, chests puffed out and heads held high.