Chapter 21: Green Eyes

"Gaah" Connie yawned as he stretched himself out on the bed next to me. "One more week of this before we get to go out and kick some Titan ass!" he exclaimed, reveling in the very idea of finally being out of Shadis' shouting range and being away from the multiple laps he was made run each hour of the day.

I looked at him with a smile whilst sitting on my own bed reading. The following day meant the graduation from the Cadet corps I had a new book in my hands every day now at this point. Today was one on the laws set by the Eldian government and royal family. The more I could learn of any of them both, the greater the chances I could continue to work in co-operation with Reiner, Berthold and Annie.

"Damn right" Eren replied back to him from his own bunk across the room, his tired eyes suddenly full of vigor.

"I for one am looking forward to life in Sina" Jean injected into the conversation, having only left the bathroom. "I'll be out of here and into smooth sailing" he said a grin on his face as he pictured.

"Hmph. That is if your good enough to make it that far, coward" Eren snapped back, sitting up and glaring at Jean from across the room.

"Oh shut up you suicidal maniac!" Jean retorted back, striding over to once more square off with Eren

"So Y/n" Marco said to me as Jean and Eren began to bicker back and forth, a common occurrence at this point.

"What do you plan for after we graduate? You made up your mind on what faction to join?"

I smiled at him. It was still hard to believe that someone held the same name as my friend. Though of course the standing between given name and nickname was discrepancy in this scenario, it did not really matter.

"I was thinking of making my way into Sina to involve myself in politics" I replied, placing my book down beside me. Jean, overhearing what I said, abandoned Eren and, with a grin, strode over, wrapping his arm around my shoulder.

"FINALLY" he declared. "Someone with some common SENSE" he finished, sending Eren a glare from the other side of the room.

"What the hell Y/n!?" Eren declared, also striding over.

"You have some of the best ability this camp has ever seen! Are you telling me you're willing to let that rot away inside the temporary comfort of wall Sina??" he said, arms spread out in confusion. By this point, we had garnered the attention of the entire cabin and even, somehow, woke Berthold from his hand standing position sleep, landing him on his head next to Reiner, who looked on.

"Easy now, I never said I had any intent on that" I said, smiling while raising my hands to calm the situation.

"I have an idea that could not only assist military effort but will also improve the living quality of everyone from wall Sina to Maria". I gestured for him to sit whilst I took back up my law book, displaying the front cover to him. After a moment, Eren took a seat at the end of my bed, and Jean sat down next to Marco.

"As most of us know, the majority manpower in the military comes from the outer walls, and some from the middle, these being Maria and Rose, though, majority numbers come from Maria and the surrounding districts. With the frightful lacking of any assistance from the inner walls, these being Rose and Sina, we do not possess nearly as many soldiers as we should or could. The law passed in the Charter of Humanity, Law 6, states and I quote; "One must never priorities their own gain over humanities survival".

"Of course," I continued, looking up from my book to face Eren. "Depending on how high up you are on the political and governmental food chain you are depends on how strictly these laws are enforced, leading to the direct contradictory and breaking of the law in the case of residents refusing to fight or deliberately withholding extra resources to military personnel, those of whom are required to enforce the law, and thus forth humanities front line."