An Interruption

"No, no, no! If you're mad at me about the rug I've got plenty more rugs!" Nick exclaims as all of our legs dangled mere feet above an icy pit of death.

Seriously Nick, Is one skunk butt rug not enough?

Suddenly, another familiar and younger looking shrew enters the room. Her hair is styled up beautifully and she's wearing what looks like a poofy white wedding dress.

"Oh, Daddy!" She calls out with a twirl, "It's time for our dance!"

Then the shrew turns her head in our direction. Seeing, Nick, Judy, and I all held above the ice pit. I gave a small awkward wave.

She frowned turning to her father. "Ugh! What did we say?" She crossed her arms, "No icing anyone at my wedding!"

Oh, please for the love of all things holy please let her change his mind! I don't feel like dying...again.

Mr. Big sighs. "I had to baby, daddy has to. Ice 'em!"

The polar bear over to my side holding Nick began to lower Nick down to the hatch.

"No, no, no, no!" Nick struggles around once more, desperate to get out of the bear's iron grip on his collar.

The younger female shrew gasps. "Wait, wait!" The polar bear stops once more as we all look over eyebrows raised.

"That's the bunny and (a/t) that saved my life yesterday! From that giant donut!" The shrew explained pointing at Judy and I, a grateful smile plastered on her face.

Oh! That's must be why she looked so familiar. Huh, what a small world after all.

Mr. Big's eyebrow furrows as he points a tiny thumb over in my and Judy's direction, Judy, Nick, and I shared a look for a moment before looking back to the bride and her father.

"This bunny and (a/t)?" Mr. Big asked. "Yeah!" The bride says waving over at Judy and me.

"Hi, I love your dress!" Judy greets with a casual compliment, despite still being held up by an enormous polar bear.

I nodded managing to muster a smile. "Agreed, and your hair looks great too!"

Eh, if we were giving out compliments I might as well let her know, especially since it's her wedding day and all.

"Aw, thank you." The bride thanked sheepishly.

"Put 'em down." Mr. Big instructed. The polar bears holding us by our shirt collars nodded, shutting the trap door beneath us and set us back on our feet.

I rubbed my neck, thankful to be back on my feet or well, paws/claws/talons again.

Mr. Big turned to look and Judy and me. "You have done me a great service. I will help you find the otter. I will take your kindness and pay it forward."

Judy then leaned in and kissed both of Mr. Big's cheeks, as I saw Nick's jaw nearly reach the floor in shock.

I couldn't help but smirk as I held back a laugh. 

After Judy was finished she and Mr. Big glanced over at me, expectantly. Judy lightly elbowed me, before I got the hint and gently kissed Mr. Big on both cheeks, careful to not hurt or push him with my snout/muzzle/mouth.

•~•~•~•~•~•

Minutes later Judy, Nick, and I all sat beside each other by the table where Mr. Big's family celebrated Fru Fru's wedding.

Mr. Big insisted we discuss the whole Otterton situation here to which I had no complaints especially since the cake was incredibly delicious yet so small.

Nick tried a piece of the wedding cake, humming in approval as Judy and I started to pay close attention as Mr. Big began to explain everything.

"Otterton is my florist. He's like a part of the family. He had something important he wanted to discuss. There why I sent that car to pick him up, but he never arrived."

Judy spoke up, eyebrows furrowed. "Because he was attacked."

"No. Because he attacked." Mr. Big clarified.

What? Otterton, a small cute little otter attacking the limo driver, just doesn't make any sense.

And by the look on Nick and Judy's faces, they thought the same exact thing.

I shook my head. "Otterton attacked? Are you sure?" I questioned him.

"Yes, Otterton attacked. He went crazy, ripped up the car, scared my driver half to death, " Mr. Big's eyes visibly widened, "and disappeared into the night."

He gestured with his arms as he finished the story dramatically.

Poor Judy looked just as troubled and concerned as before. "But he's just a sweet little otter."

Mr. Big hummed. "My child, we may have evolved but we are still animals."

Well, I guess Mr. Big did have a point. Deep down we are all animals, even me... well, kind of. 

Judy, Nick, and I frowned. All of us were just as worried and confused as earlier but at least we knew more of what happened to Mr. Otterton which also meant we were one step closer to finding him.

Shortly after, we said our goodbyes and left the wedding in search of Mr. Otterton. Mr. Big's last words to us repeating in my mind over and over.

"If you wanna find Otterton, talk to the driver of the car. His name is Manchas. Lives in the rainforest district. Only he can tell you more."

Hopefully, this driver, Manchas, can give us the answers we desperately need to find out what happened to that missing otter.

(A/n): 1016 words.

I know this chapter is short but I wanted to give an update and I figured a short chapter is better than nothing.

I have good news, I am officially free from school until August. So that possibly means I might update a little faster(that's my plan but who knows?).

Also, if I were to possibly make another reader insert story, what other movies would you guys like me to write for? (with the hope that I'll be writing much faster)

I would preferably like to write for a Disney, Pixar, or DreamWorks movie. Or just any animated movie on Netflix, Hulu, HBO Max, or Disney +

Oh, and any tips on how to bond with Nick in this story? I feel like this is coming off as more of Judy x Reader.

Edited: 3/26/2022   Word Count: 1041 words.