The Lead

"Here you go! One missing otter, " Clawhause announced as he sets the rather thin file on the counter for me and Judy.

...I don't think a missing persons file should ever be that small.

Judy opened up the red file revealing... one piece of paper and a single picture of Emmett Otterton in his last know location.

"That's it?!" Judy shouted in surprise. As I shook my head, disappointed. 

"Yikes! That's the smallest case file I've ever seen, " Clawhause told us, "Leads: none, Witnesses: none, and since you two don't have access to the system yet, Resources: none!" Clawhause laughed, "I hope you didn't stake your career on this one!"

Yep, someone's career isn't at stake at all...Ugh, why don't they have more information?!

"Last know sighting..." Judy read to herself out loud, as we both looked at the picture of Mr. Otterton.

I squinted at the picture noticing Mr. Otterton was holding a certain kind of pawpsicle.

"Wait, Judy do you see that?" I asked Judy pointing to the pawpsicle in the picture. "The murder weapon!" Clawhause dramatically said.

Judy gasped and beamed, "We have a lead!"

Looks like we are paying Nick Wilde a little visit.

•~•~•~•~•~•

After a bit of driving around in the meter maid car, we finally spotted Nick pushing his little buddy around in a stroller.

Judy drove up beside Nick, "Hi, hello, it's us again!" Judy greeted. "Oh, it's Officer toot-toot!" Nick greeted sarcastically.

"Very funny," I mumbled. "Ha-ha. No, actually it's Officer Hopps and Officer (L/n), we are here to ask you questions about a case," Judy explained to Nick.

"What happened meter maids? Someone steal a traffic cone?" Nick asked, "Wasn't me."

Judy glared at Nick before pulling the car in front of him, blocking his way.

"Hey carrots, you're gonna wake the baby. I gotta get to work," Nick told Judy.

I hopped out of the car and stood with Judy, as she held the file from earlier and a cute carrot pen.

"This is important, I think your ten dollars of pawpsicles can wait," Judy said.

"Ha! I make two hundred bucks a day, fluff," Nick scoffed, "Three hundred and sixty-five days a year since I was twelve! And time is money, so hop along."

"Can you just look at the picture?" I asked Nick, as Judy held up the photo of Mr. Otterton eating one of Nick's pawpsicles. "You sold Mr. Otterton a pawpsicle right? Do you know him?" Judy questioned.

"I know everybody," Nick said with a smirk, "And I also know that somewhere, there's a toy store missing it's stuffed animal. So why don't you go back in the box?"

Can this guy ever just shut up and tell us what we want to know?

Judy's face fell flat as she glare at him. "Fine, then we'll have to do this the hard way," Judy stated. Within a flash, Judy had booted Nick's stroller.

Nick looked down at the wheel of his stroller. "Did you just boot my stroller?" Nick asked in disbelief. "Nicholas Wilde, you are under arrest," Judy stated.

Nick scoffed. "For what? Hurting your feeling?" He asks in a baby voice. Judy gave a sly smile. "Felony tax evasion," She told Nick.

I held back a chuckle as Nick's face dropped and his green eyes widened.