Jam Cams

"I thought this was just a missing mammal case, but it's way bigger. Mr. Otterton did not just disappear. I believe that he and this jaguar, they... they went savage Sir." Judy explained to Chief Bogo as she lead the way back to the sky trams.

I followed silently right beside Chief Bogo. With even more officers following behind me, and Nick somewhere behind the crowd of officers.

"Savage? This isn't the stone age, Hopps. Animals don't go savage." Chief Bogo told Judy as he shook his head.

"We thought so too, " Judy gestured towards my direction, "Until we saw this."

Judy moved the large jungle leaves in front of her, revealing the bridge of the sky trams where we had last left a feral Mr. Manchas, only for the jaguar to not be anywhere in sight.

My eyes went wide and my ears perked up.

Wait, what? Where the hell is he? This is exactly where I had cuffed him at!

"What? He was right here!" Judy exclaimed gesturing to the lamp post.

"The savage jaguar?" Bogo asked, his tone showing he obviously didn't believe her at all.

"Sir, I know what I saw. He almost killed us!" Judy pleaded desperately.

Bogo huffed. "Or maybe any aggressive predator looks 'savage' to you rabbits." He turned his head to the fellow officers behind us, "Let's go!"

I touched Chief Bogo's arm as he turned to walk away. "Wait, Chief!" He looked back with a mean scowl on his face, "I saw Mr. Manchas go savage too, and so did Nick!"

"(L/n), I trusted you to lead this case and supervise Hopps, and you let her and a fox set you back." His words were soaked with anger as he pointed a thick hoove at my chest.

"They didn't set me back, all three of us saw Mr. Manchas go savage!" I snapped back, paws clenched at my sides.

Chief Bogo scoffed. "You really think I'm going to believe Hopps, that fox, or you anymore?"

"Hopps and I are officers, you should believe all three of us. That fox, Nick, is a key witness." I told him, throwing an arm over in Nick's direction once more.

I spotted a quick glimpse at an uneasy-looking Nick, with his ears down. It was unlike him, and despite not knowing him long, I didn't like this new look on him.

"Sir, you have to believe us..." Judy spoke up once more.

Chief pointed at Judy walking past me and up to her. "Two days to find the otter, or you quit. That was the deal, " he held put his hoove, "Badge."

My ears and face fell. I spotted Nick's shocked face.

I quickly spoke up. "Sir, you said we had-"

"BADGE! BOTH OF YOU, NOW!" Chief Bogo shouted.

...This wasn't part of the deal.

He said we had 48 hours. I could care less about having to give up my badge but I at least wanted this to be fair. We should have at least been given a chance.

I swallowed hard as a looked over at Judy, her usually perked-up fluffy grey ears now drooped, as she frowned, looking on the verge of tears.

She looked down before slowly going to unclip her badge from her vest. My shoulders dropped and I sighed before starting to do the same.

"Uh, no."

I froze when hearing Nick's voice and glanced over.

"What did you say fox?" Chief Bogo questioned, venom more than obvious in his voice.