Pawpsicles

Judy and I went straight back to writing tickets after parting ways with Nick Wilde and his son.

Now, I was once again settled in the meter maid car observing Judy as she wrote more tickets when I saw her pause and look at the windshield when she put the ticket under the windshield wipers.

Judy turned around and gasped, "Hey, it's little toot-toot...!" Judy had a sudden puzzled look on her face.

I turned and gazed in the same direction she was looking to see 'little toot-toot' and his 'dad'... melting the jumbo pop, on top of a roof, and collecting the melted red liquid from it into big glass jars, and loading it into a van.

What in the world were those two doing? Was this why they felt off earlier?

Nick finished melting the jumbo pop and slid off the roof, helping the smaller "fox" load the rest of the juice-filled jars into the van before the animal I thought was a kid started driving off.

Judy hopped into the passenger seat, "Follow them," She instructed with a determined look. "Got it, boss." I replied, wasting no time as I did as told and started the meter maid car following behind them.

I felt a chill run down my spine as I drove through Tundra Town. Unsurprisingly, there were many layers of snow and ice everywhere. We drove around for a bit before seeing the van parked off to the side with no one in it.

We both got out and sneakily searched around, eventually spotting them. We were careful as to try and not get caught, we had to see just what these two were up too. 

The smaller fennec fox was putting his paw prints in the snow, Nick was close behind him putting a popsicle stick in each print then filling it with the melted red liquid from what once was the jumbo pop.

"What the..." I mumbled as Judy huffed.

Now we had followed them downtown by many large buildings.  

Watching from a distance as Nick put a pawpsicle stand by one building in particular. He had re-branded the jumbo pop as pawpsicles and it looked like he was about to sell them for two dollars each.

A clock nearby struck 5:00 PM, and little lemmings filed out of the building in a perfectly straight line.

"Get your pawpsicles!" Nick called out catching the attention of one lemming, who went in the direction of Nick, the rest of its kind following closely behind.

Each animal bought the pawpsicles and nibbled down on them in seconds, when they finished all of them tossed their sticks into the recycling bin, and the smaller fennec fox from earlier came out from inside the bin, carrying three bins of the partially red pawpsicle sticks and loaded those into the van.

Geez, all this work and for what? What are they planning to do with the sticks?

We once again followed them, this time to the town Little Rodentia. Judy and I were hidden close by in tall grass.

Nick was by what looked to be a construction site, where a bunch of mice are hard at work. 

"Lumber delivery, " Nick announced setting down the pawpsicle sticks from earlier.

"What's with the color?" One of the mice asked, "The color? Uh... That's red wood." Nick lied with a shrug.

I scoffed at Nicks lie as Judy grumbled angrily.

•~•~•~•~•~•

Now I and Judy both waited outside the ally, where Nick and the fennec fox were at.

"Thirty-nine, forty. There you go!" Nick said handing the other fox his money, "Way to work that diaper, big guy, " Nick commented as the fennec fox climbed into his van, ignoring Nick as he did.