Mr. Big

Judy, Nick, and I sat squished against each other between Raymond and Kevin in the back seat of one of the limos. It was...crammed to say the very least.

Raymond scrolled through his phone before showing all three of us a picture of...both Kevin and Raymond holding a male wolf in a headlock while grinning like they had won a trophy or medal of some kind.

I frowned nervously, as Judy and Nick gave a shred uneasy glance. Raymond chuckled at our reactions and went back to scrolling through his photos.

"What did you do to make Mr. Big so mad at you?" Judy whispered to Nick, we both looked at him expectantly.

"I...um, may have sold him a very expensive wool rug made of a skunkssss butt," Nick whispered back to us as he gulped.

A skunks butt? They make rugs from other animals here too? Jeez, that's kind of messed up.

Judy and I both gave him a shocked look. "Oh, sweet cheese and crackers," Judy said with a frown as I sighed.

I'm going to hope that Mr. Big will have mercy on all of us.

•~•~•~•~•~•

All three of us were shoved into a room right in front of a wooden desk, a giant chair stood behind the desk, and the only source of light in the room was a stone fireplace off to the side.

The room seemed like a pretty cozy office, it would be nice to be here under different circumstances...

A soon as we stumbled to our feet by the desk the door across the room was thrown open, another polar bear walking in, causing Judy and me to raise an eyebrow.

Could this be the famous Mr. Big we keep hearing about?

"Is that Mr. Big?" Judy questioned Nick in a hushed tone. "No." Nick answered back obviously getting more nervous by the second.

It seemed Judy and I were thinking the same thing. Once again, a polar bear entered the room. I had a feeling this guy wasn't Mr. Big either.

"What about him? Is that him?" Judy questions once more gesturing to the polar bear.

"No!"

My eyes widen as another polar bear strolls in, practically towering over the rest of the polar bears in the room, making me feel much, much smaller.

"Oh, come on. That's gotta be him!" Judy says with a gasp, gesturing to the massive polar bear.

"Stop talking, stop talking, stop talking!" Nick warns Judy as I chose to listen to him and keep my mouth/muzzle/beak shut.

The huge polar bear approach's the desk in front of us opening up his gave then taking a step back, revealing an older-looking shrew in a nice yet expensive suit, sitting in a tiny chair.

This was Mr. Big? Well...I sure wasn't expecting this and I don't think Judy was either due to the beyond confused look on her face.

"Mr. Big, sir, this is a simple misunderstanding-"

Nick cut himself off when Mr. Big held out his paw, showing a shiny golden ring on one of his tiny fingers.

Without hesitation, Nick takes Mr. Big's paw in his and kisses his ring.

"This is a simple misunderstanding," Nick explains once more. It was clear that Nick was terrified of what Mr. Big might do to all of us.

"You come here unannounced on the day my daughter is to be married." Mr. Big grunts. For such a tiny shrew he was quite intimidating.

Nick took a small breath. "Well, actually, we were brought here against our will, so..." He trailed off with a nervous laugh.

"The point is, I-we did not know it was your car, and I certainly did not know it was your daughter's wedding!" Nick defended.

Mr. Big hummed. "I trusted you, Nicky. I welcomed you into my home." Nick hung his head down, in ashamed I guessed.

Mr. Big continued, "We broke bread together. Grandmama made you a cannoli." I spotted a painting of an elderly shrew lady on the wall, who I assumed was the Grandmama Mr. Big mentioned.

"And how did you repay my generosity? With a rug. A skunk butt rug. You disrespected me. You disrespected Grandmama, who I buried in that skunk butt rug."

Mr. Big furrowed his tiny eyebrows as a polar bear over to the side pressed his hands together in prayer and bowed his head. I could fully understand why they were so mad with Nick now. I'd be mad at Nick too, hell, I was mad at him now. 

"I told you never to show your face here again, but here you are. Snooping around with these..." He glanced over at Judy and me, "What are you, performers? What's with the costumes?"

"Sir, we are co-" Judy started but was cut off by Nick.

"MIMES! They are mimes, and these mimes cannot speak!" Nick interrupted shoving our shoulders roughly, panic in his eyes.

"No, Sir, we are cops," I admitted. Nick sighed and facepalmed. "Yes, and we are on the Emmit Otterton case and our evidence shows he was in your car!" Judy spoke up sternly, face to face with the shrew.

"So, intimidate us all you want I'm going to find out what you did to that otter if it's the last thing we do." Just stated holding her ground, as Nick looked taken back.

I was proud I just really hope she isn't pissing Mr. Big off right now...

Mr. Big snorted. "Then I only have one request," He smiled, just barely, "Say hello to Grandmama. Ice 'em!" He calls out to the polar bears around.

Ice us? What did that mean?

"Whoa, whoa, whoa!" Nick calls out in fear as Judy is grabbed by the neck. My eyes widened as I stepped back.

"I didn't see anything! I-I-I won't say anything!" Nick claimed as both of us are grabbed by our collars.

"And you never will." Mr. Big says matter of fact.

"Whoa-hey! Put us down." I panicked, clawing at the giant paws holding me up by the scruff of my neck. 

One of the other polar bears with empty hands pull back the carpet on the floor and opened the hatch underneath, revealing what looked like an endless ice-filled hole. The sudden gust of freezing cold air hits my legs as the three of us scramble around in the polar bear's grasp.

What the hell did we get ourselves into?!

(A/n): 1, 118 words.

It's been a while since I've given an actual update. I think the last real chapter was posted in November of 2020. Sorry about that, but at least the update is here now.

Anyways I hope you enjoyed it as always! And if you have any ideas or anything like that just comment on it, I'll see it I always do.

No promises on when the next update will just know it'll happen sooner or later(probably later lol).

Edited: 3/26/2022    Word Count: 1158 words.