Meeting The Chief

My eyes shot open as I gasped for air, sitting straight up. Immediately upon seeing my surroundings, it dawned on me that I was still in the apartment with Judy, and that maybe it wasn't a dream after all...

I was actually stuck here, as a (a/t)?

Also, that dream, what was that? It was so real... and it had my parents from this world in it. Was that some kind of memory of my alternate self?

I shook off the thought and glanced over at the digital clock Judy had set it up on the desk yesterday. It was 4:59 AM, too early to be starting the day and too early to this about everything that had happened so far. 

I had no idea what time I was supposed to get up but figured Judy would wake me when it was time. So, laid back and rolled back over and attempted to go back to sleep... Only for the alarm clock to go off right as I closed my eyes.

I groaned before sitting back up with a yawn, watching as Judy flew out of her bed and shut off the alarm.

She appeared to be just as optimistic and happy despite it being so early in the morning. She most definitely was a morning person.

"Good morning!" Judy greeted before yawning. "Yep, Good morning," I replied tiredly, as I stretched out my stiff limbs.

"Ready for our first day as cops?" She asked me excitedly. My eyes widened slightly at the reminder. "Uh, y-yeah," I answered her.

"'Uh, yeah,' doesn't sound very convincing, (N/n), " She started, "Are you really okay?" Judy asked, I could hear the concern in her voice.

"Judy, I'm okay. Just... a little nervous is all." I admitted rubbing the back of my neck and looking anywhere else but at her. 

It wasn't a complete lie but I couldn't just tell her I had no memory of who she was, who I was, or that I had literally died and woke up in a entirely different world with a different life. 

She paused, before giving in. "Okay, if you say so."

"Well, I'm gonna get dressed," I announced as I grabbed the police uniform from my bag.

She nodded and said she would get dressed as well.

•~•~•~•~•~•

It had been sometime later and we were both dressed in our uniforms and prepared for the day, after we fled the apartment we even stopped by a diner and got a quick bite to eat for breakfast. Now we were right in front of the police station. Judy and I both looked up at the building before looking back at each other.

Judy grabbed a hold of my paw and began to lead the way inside.

"It's time for the beginning of the rest of our lives!" Judy said cheerfully. I gave a small laugh and nodded.

Hopefully, today won't be too awful or crazy...

Judy led the way through the entrance and up to the front desk, where a chubby cheetah in uniform sat munching on some cereal called Lucky Chomps.

Poor Judy was so tiny compared to the large desk.

"Excuse me?" Judy called, catching the cheetah's attention but he just looked at me with a confused look. "Down here!" Judy said with a small jump up and waved her arm. 

The cheetah looked down at Judy and his face immediately lit up.

"Oh... M... Goodness! They really did hire a bunny! What!" He stated, "I gotta tell ya, you're even cuter than I thought you'd be!" He gushed looking down at Judy.

Judy winced. "Oh, you probably didn't know... A bunny can call another bunny cute but when other animals do it... " She trailed off, " It's a little..."