Parking Duty

I walked outside the station and was met once again by Judy. She was now sporting a bright orange vest over her uniform, with a odd-looking hat. She held a matching hat and vest in her arms, but the uniform she held seemed to be about my size.

"I grabbed these for you, " She said handing me the outfit, "Our car is over here, follow me."

She grabbed my paw and lead me over by the street where a meter maid car, which was barely big enough for the two of us was, was parked at.

"Dibs on not driving, " Judy started looking over at me with a playful smile. I huffed and playfully rolled my eyes at her as I went ahead and hopped into the driver's side.

Now let's hope traffic laws are the same here as they are in my world. 

•~•~•~•~•~•

I sat comfortably in the meter maid vehicle and watched as Judy sprinted and hopped around giving everyone tickets, literally everyone. I could've sworn she ran a few blocks away just to write a single ticket.

I only wrote a decent amount of tickets since Judy had urged me to, plus it was my job anyways. 

I boredly watched as Judy thought about how to write a ticket for a massive giraffes car... I couldn't help but wonder how in the world she going to manage to do that.

Suddenly, I was startled by my phone ringing in my back pocket. I snatched it out, reading the caller ID. It was an unknown number. I shrugged and answered it anyway bringing it up to my ear. I didn't think I was never going to get used to having animal ears.

"Hello?" I answered. There was a brief moment with no answer.

"Hello (Y/n), " A familiar voice replied. My eyes widened slightly. "Who is this?" I asked them.

Whoever was calling sounded just like that odd voice from that bright void, but it couldn't actually be them...could it?

"Oh, I believe you are fully aware of who I am, " They began.

"I was just calling to ask you how you have been feeling lately," They explained vaguely.

I thought to myself for a moment. How was I doing? I mean I am in a whole new place with very little to no information on what is happening.

"Well... I've been adjusting to everything but I did have a weird dream last night, " I replied honestly, "do you know what that was about?"

They most likely knew what it was about, wasn't this voice some kind of all knowing being anyway? 

"Yes, I do. That was not a dream but rather a memory, " They clarified, "I figured you wished to know more about yourself, so I did you a little favor."

So that 'dream' wasn't even a dream after all. Why am I not surprised? 

"So, those bunnies in my 'dream' are my parents from this world?" I asked them for confirmation,

"Yes, those are your adoptive parents. Your biological parents are... Not so nice mammals in this world." They stated simply.

Well, I guess that clears some things up.

"I must get going, goodbye (Y/n), " They said in a hurried tone, not giving me a chance to respond before they hung up.

Sighing, I frowned at the phone before putting it back in my pocket just as I spotted Judy approaching.

I looked over at her and smiled. She returned the smile.

"Who was that?" Judy asked me, referring to my phone call. "Oh, that was... just someone who had the wrong number, " I quickly lied.