Chapter 31

Asta’s P.O.V

Noelle, Luck and I rode on our brooms towards the dungeon location. Noelle was still mad about me dragging her out the window while Luck looked ecstatic. Apparently, the Dungeon was close by the border of the Diamond Kingdom and he thinks there might be strong people for him to fight with. Now I wonder which squad we’re paired up with…

-Mini Time skip –
.
.
.

You have got to be kidding me.
After entering the dungeons, setting off some trap magic, a treasure chest filled with guts, this is the squad that got paired with us? With the one specific person I rather not be with? I’m having a talk with William later.
That bastard is literally looking down on me with a deadpan expression on his face. Does he not remember me beating the shit out of him? Also, is he seriously the only one here??

“I’m surprised to see you here.” I can practically feel the annoyance oozing off of him

“I can’t say the same. So whatcha doing here ya fucktard?”

Noelle and Luck stared at me blatantly since its very rare I swear. But for this idiot, I’m bringing out all the ammo. His next words bothered me a lot.

“Why is there a member of the Black Bulls here? Aren’t they the worst squad in the Clover Kingdom? What idiot decided they should come to this mission?”

Okay first, this idiot is standing right here. Second, why does he sound more like those bratty nobles who don’t shut the fuck up about status? Yeah sure you were born with more mana, but you’re still human! You have no right to be cruel to others just because you have more money and power. Use it to help others, not gloat about it. That’s probably why the Clover Kingdom is doomed. At least there are still few decent-hearted nobles out there.

I erased his existence from my peripheral, basically pretending he’s not here.

“Luck, go ahead and look for any enemies from Diamond. With your Magic Sense, it should be fine for you to find us later. Just make sure you actually meet up with us instead of running off trying to find more opponents.”

Luck audibly groaned when I said that. Aren’t you supposed to set a better example for us juniors? Eh, wouldn’t expect it out of him anyways. Time for a compromise.

“Luck, if you do what I say, I’ll spar with you later.”

Luck’s eyes instantly light up and he coated his legs with lightning before zooming off. I heard his laughter ringing from the direction he went.

“Noelle, come with me, we’re finding that dungeon. Let’s go looting!”

She huffed, flipping one of her twin tails back while looking at me like I didn’t know what I was doing.

“I got it, Bakasta.”

“Still the same as ever I see.”

I created a hovering steel platform and we both jumped onto it before flying away. I ignored Yuno’s protests as I focused on the location of the treasure. I felt Yuno’s mana coming behind me.

Is he seriously going to follow me? Find it yourself jerk.

I immediately sped up and Noelle let out a yelp of surprise and latched onto me. Weaving through the dark corridors, I sensed multiple magic fluctuations with one being very familiar.

Guess Luck found some guys to fight with.