Chapter 2

Asta pov

I woke up slowly as I felt an unfamiliar weight on my chest. I opened my eyes and noticed I was in an unfamiliar room, I was planning on escaping but I heard the door open. I quickly shut my eyes again as I heard the footsteps of the person come closer. The person put their hand on my cheek, but not in the harsh way like sister Lilly, no this was more gentle and caring. I heard the person whisper something under their breath and as I heard that my eyes widened.

Drouot pov

As I walked up to asta and pit my hand on him I looked at the grimoire that laid on his chest. It was blue with black accents, there was a gold lock on it but the most eye catching part was the white six leafed clover in the middle. 'how does he have this grimoire' I whispered under my breath and it seemed like asta heard.

Asta pov

When I opened my eyes and looked at the weight on my chest and he was right it was a grimoire. But how first of all I couldn't use magic and second of all if I could i'm not even fifteen. I looked at the male questionaly and he looked at me with a defeated face not knowing answers."hello asta my name is drouot, but you can call me whatever you like". He said as he looked at me, I hesitated but eventually said something back.

Narrator pov

"I-I'm asta and may I call you gramps". Asta's wasn't sure if he could trust the man before him, but he'd have to give it a shot. The man chuckled at atsa's request, but accepted it nonetheless.

************************************

Narrator pov

A few weeks had passed and the relationship between asta and his gramps grew stronger each day. But nothing changed in the village everytime asta would go outside stuff would be thrown his way. Nobody knew that asta had a grimoire nonetheless the six leafed clover. Eventually drouot decided that enough was enough, after the grimoire ceremony he would take asta away from the village and bring him to an old friend of his.

Asta pov

It was night time and gramps was telling me a bedtime story, but as he was done and was about to leave I wanted to ask him something that was bugging me. "what does a six leaf clover mean", gramps turned around a little shocked by my question but gave me soft smile right after. Gramps walked up to me and sat down on the bed he cleared his throat and started saying everything he knew up to this point.

"I do not know much as there has never been a six leafed grimoire, but what I saw when you were unconscious I saw that a four leaf and a five leaf merged together to make your grimoire. I speculate that the sixth leaf means everything and nothing. The six leaf clover grimoire is made when a person experiences great dispear, but luck is followed after".

As gramps was done I was mesmerized by his theory and he wasn't wrong. Every time I had a beating and was thrown out of the church I would always find shelter and fruit to eat. "hey gramps do you think they will change their view on me" as I asked him that he lowered his head and hesitantly shook his head. I expected it him to answer like, but it still hurt knowing if I was gone they'd be happier.

Drouot pov

I knew asta was sad, but who wouldn't be your whole village thinks of you as a demon and shuns you for that. I can't let asta stay here anymore I wanted to wait, but tomorrow he'll go to a new place to live. "hey asta" I said to get his attention. "tomorrow would you like to go on a trip with me" I saw the excitement had returned to his eyes as I said that. He nodded his head furiously at my request and pushed me out of the room so that he could rest enough for our trip. I obliged and went out. Tomorrow he will meet someone special.