Chapter 18

Narrator’s P.O.V.

A few days has passed ever since Asta’s best birthday party he had in his life. He has been slowly learning about new spells and controlling his magic. He has learnt some basic attack spell using the elements of fire, water, earth and air. He has also learnt many defence spells due to Julius’s overprotective paranoia and Mereoleona’s harsh attacks from training. From time to time, Mimosa, Leopold and Noelle joined him in honing their magic to the greatest potential.

It’s not like they only joined because they secretly liked him. Nope, not all. It’s not like Noelle blasted Asta away because he made sudden contact with her trying to help correct her stance so she could improve. It’s not like Mimosa fainted due to Asta being very close proximity of her when he noticed her being slightly red after their training. It's not like Leopold wants to grab his cheeks and pinch them while calling him cute.

Just training one another while Asta had to endure the relentless random attacks from Noelle. Of course, Asta decided to learn some healing spells from Mimosa due to Noelle randomly blasting him with jets of water because he was to close to her. Unbeknownst to them, Julius have been secretly spying on Asta and his friends along with Mereoleona and Fuegoleon. They have been watching Asta grow alongside his friends and Julius have now made up his mind with an important decision.

“Oi Julius, you sure this is a good idea? Anything happens to him, it’s on you.”

Fuegoleon agreed with Mereoleona on this one. This could end up a success or really badly.

“Ahaha, I’m sure it’ll be fine. Besides, you’re going with him Fuegoleon. It’ll be fine, it’s a simple mission."

If you didn’t know, Julius had planned for Asta to go with Fuegoleon on a simple scouting mission so that he could get a first-hand experience on how the magic knights operate and a small chance to see Fuegoleon’s magic in action. Julius also considered the fact that Asta could learn how to control his magic better and what to do in case he’s in a battlefield.

Mereoleona scoffed at that idea. She knew that Asta can take care of himself, but she just couldn’t help but wonder what if things turned sideways. She had wanted to come along with mission because of this nagging intuition of hers that screamed something might go wrong, but unfortunately, Julius assigned her another mission before he had planned this. Mereoleona sighed with a worried look on her face which is quite rare as we’re talking about the woman who could possibly wipe out half the Clover Kingdom herself if she wants. Fuegoleon noticed his sister’s behaviour, it was strange coming from her, but she had every right for that. He too was also attached to the young boy even if it’s been not too long.

“Big sister, I promise I will take good care of Asta. My vice-captain is also coming along for this mission as well. With two senior magic knights besides, everything will be alright.”

Fuegoleon said, trying to reassure Mereoleona. It did for a bit, but she just can’t get that nagging feeling in the back of her mind out that something might go wrong.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

In the edge of the forest close by the capital, Asta was standing alongside Fuegoleon in his magic robes with an unknown man next to him. He had medium long messy brown hair, with a big scar across his forehead and was slim. He had chestnut-brown eyes along with a stubble moustache and a goatee. He was wearing a purple and black shirt and a long green coat with the Crimson Lion’s robe over it and some knee-length loose blue pants. The man looked to be around his mid-twenties and his warm smile made Asta feel like he could trust him. Not only that, he could feel a large amount of mana radiating off him. It’s way smaller than Julius’ but he could tell that he’s strong.