Chapter 39

Yuno’s P.O.V

I was out onto a rescue team while I would be needed on the field. I cannot complain though, the Wizard King must've put me on this team for a reason. We had encountered many civilians, most of them were capable of escaping on their own but we had to assist the elderly, wounded, and children.

"PLEASE HELP ANYONE!"

A piercing scream of someone, yet there was nobody I could see. Many buildings collapsed around us. If we tried to go through all of them, the person might already be dead. I looked towards the extra from Captain Dorothy's squad and she also had no idea. We couldn't rely on that sleeping captain over there so we started searching.

"PLEASE…"

Another scream, but it didn't help us pinpoint their location at all, at this point I wonder why I was added to this team. There was nothing for me to gain at all.

We had been searching for 5 minutes by now and the screams had stopped. I looked back at Captain Dorothy, she had done absolutely nothing. I headed towards her and put my hand on her shoulder.

"Now wake up, you're a Captain, and if all captains can be as useless as you then even the children from the forsa-"

I was cut off by her moving away from me towards a house to the right. She used her mana to lift some rubble and moved it aside, revealing the person we had been looking for.

The sleep bubble she had been blowing floated towards the said person and lifted them on it. It floated away with the person towards where the other rescuees were going. The extra pulled up next to me with an overly exaggerated expression on his face.

"Hey, you better take back what you said about my Captain. She was sensing around for this person's mana to pinpoint them, if she hadn't done that we'd still be searching."

"Then why was it taking so long, huh?"

"Have you tried to make yourself aware of other people's mana? It's not that easy to precisely find someone especially if they're weakened and there are others around."

"Tch, let’s just continue"

We didn't communicate with each other after that and just continued with our mission.

For large groups of people, I had to use my wind chariot to move them, though Captain Dorothy was still asleep, she found every single person who was hidden from plain sight; either by being stuck inside a collapsed house, or hiding in the alleyways.

We had combed through our section multiple times and at the last one, there were no more people to rescue. The other person from Captain Dorothy's squad suggested that we should stay in case the enemies would arrive here, but I had done enough lazy labor. And plus, how did every single piece of trash end up on the same team as me?

"I will not stay here, there are obviously people needed to go and fight so I will not bide my time here being lazy and sleeping. I thank you for letting me accompany you, but I will be going now."

I got on my broom and flew away towards the south of the capital. Corpses were scouring around the place and even though there were Captains around, a group of them still slipped past them and were heading towards the castle. Since I was the only sensible one around in this madness, I descended and stepped off of my broom.

"How disgusting, don't you creeps dare and touch my Yuno!"

"Belle, why don't we try out our new sets of spells on these practice dummies"

"You're always so calm and continue to think about improving yourself even in such a situation"

Can she stop with the constant gushing once in a while? And even though I find training important, I'm here to blow off some steam. The steam that had been made due to that tiny little twerp.