Chapter 38

Asta's P.O.V

I ran after Gray while looking at the destruction. How did this happen? Whoever did this must've been strong, I'm not saying I am excited, but it's cool. Wait, that sounds wrong. I'm turning into Luck... Liebe decided it was the right time to get out of the grimoire.

"Hey, punk, this doesn't feel good. The enemy, they're not normal."

"Is anybody really normal?" "Is anyone really normal?"

I turned my head simultaneously with Gray and we both stared at each other for a brief moment before I yelled.

"Ha! Jinx!"

"If you do that you also jinx yourse- OUCH"

I smacked his arm

"You can't speak while you're jinx- AGH"

He slapped me back

"HA!"

"CAN YOU PUNKS BE SERIOUS IN THIS SITUATION? YOU'RE LITERALLY THE SAME PERSON BUT YOU DOUBLED YOUR IDIOCY!"

Liebe pulled on our ears and scolded us.

"Hey! Why not make jokes when the world is ending?"

"C'mon maybe later, but now people are in danger. Wait, is that...? DUCK!"

We did as he said and the tips of our hair got roasted. Well, I guess we've found an arsonist.

"Hi bro! Whatcha doing?"

"Asta, Gray, stay back! Give me support from the rear!"

"Wha...?"

"I said WATCH OUT!"

Fuegoleon heeded Liebe's warning and dodged to the side and roasted what seemed like a corpse in flames. Both I and Gray just stared in disbelief, a crow floating across our heads.

"What kind of-"

"I swear to GOD YOU TWO! Stop being meatheads and help me a bit! He has too many of these things."

"Ouch, bro that really hurt. But I guess we'll help."

Some idiot with a weird eyepatch started cackling loudly next to the flaming corpse. His grimoire seems a little weird, or rather thin. But damn, there's like a bunch of zombies. It's like the Walking Dead here. That eyepatch dude started boasting.

"You really think you can win? My troops and I outnumber you lot by hundreds, it doesn't matter how strong you are, you'll get exhausted by our mere quantity!"

I was about to retort until I heard Gray groan very loudly next to me. Damn, he seems more annoyed than I am and we're the same person!

"You sound stupid. Why don't you shut the fuck up?! Thread magic: Voodoo's Mouth."

A thread came out of nowhere and pierced through that guy's lips, stitching them together and not stopping until they were fully done. Blood dripped through his mouth as his eyes widened in horror and in pain.

"Well that was quite easy, you can't cast another spell since you can't make your chant."

"Should've learned a chant-less spell for quicker casting."

"Yeah, kinda dumb not to if you ask me. Oh, and I wouldn't try to take out the thread. It'll slice right through ya."

"... I said support, not to casually win by default."

"All is fair in war baby!"

Fuegoleon sweat dropped at that statement.

"This isn't a war! You know what? Good job, now I need to catch up to my team, you guys can help civilians evacuate."