Chapter 41

Asta’s P.O.V

Oh FUCK. Why didn’t we pay attention? Now Fuego might be dead and its because I didn’t pay attention. I don’t know what miracle came, but those guys from Staria saved him somehow. But, nothing can be done about the arm. This is all my fault, I should’ve listened to him, I should've kept my eye out, I shouldn't have gotten so cocky, if I could just go back in time, but look where we are now... That’s it, I need to ask that Staria lady about her magic, it'll make me prepared so that I can at least save the people I care about. And plus, I don’t think I’ve ever seen that type of magic before.

I tapped on her shoulder while we were on our way back to the castle.

“Excuse me, but do you mind if I talk to you later, outside by the fountain? It’s about today’s... events.”

She had a look of understanding on her face as she silently nodded to my request. I really hope she can teach me the Staria magic too. Wait, wouldn’t that be too weird? In her eyes, I’m literally just a Magic Knight apart of the squad. Dammit! I didn’t think of this. I should’ve used Gray to ask her instead. I mean, technically, I’m just a commoner, so why would a noble, let alone someone from the Vermillioni House, who got hurt concern me enough to learn healing magic is already suspicious. But who knows? I’ll at least have Gray on stand-by just in case.

~ Smol Time Skip ~

Whew! Fuegoleon is finally stabilized and now resting. Thank God! Although Nozel looked like he straight up wanted to murder someone though it is kind of hard to tell since he always looks the same with that Resting Bitch Face™. That guy seriously needs to learn to smile once in a while or his face gonna stay like that forever.

It was around sunset, with everyone now just taking a break before having a meeting with dad. Perfect time to learn more things from the Staria Lady. Just as promised, she was waiting by the fountain outside the medical bay. I cleared my throat to get her attention.

“Um, thank you for agreeing to talk to me. And, uh, sorry the first time you came to the kingdom is when a terrorrist decided to attack...”

“It’s fine, none of us could’ve predicted that this would’ve happened. But anyways, what did you need to ask me?”

Weird. Why does she sound unsure in the first part? And how does she know I wanted to ask her something?

“Well, I was wondering if you could tell me more about your nation’s way of differentiating grimoires or something of that sort. Like, how do you differ from the other Kingdoms in terms of mana?”

She just blinked once before letting out a small chuckle.

“Is that what you wanted to ask me? Eh, I’ll indulge you anyways.”

“So in Staria, mana has a slightly different concept from all the other nations. For Clover Kingdom, the unique attributes stemmed from the four elements is what’s significant. On the other hand the Heart Kingdom draws its mana from the nature itself, adapting to natural mana and being loved by mana. In a way, they are the more ‘natural kind’ or if others say, the ‘hippie kind’. Diamond and Spade though, highly unethical.

Spade’s mana clashes with the strong magic region and the hrash environment they are accustomed to. It’s similar to Clover in a way, but its much more wild. Diamond is just plain science experiments. Literally the same as Clover Kingdom’s but the people of Diamond experiment on people and their grimoires which sort of make them hybrid grimoires. A forced unnatural way, their mana is certainly deporable.”

“For Staria, we are more accustomed to focus our innate mana. We do what the Heart Kingdom does but instead we explore the body and correlation of magic. My attribute was accustomed to Holy Magic whilst Orion’s attribute is Chaos. Ironically, Chaos and Holy got married even though they were polar opposites. Our magic type is sortal of suited to our personality. Don’t let Orion fool you, he may be happy-go-lucky, but the amount of damage he could do when he gets angry is astonishing.

Over the centuries, the people of Staria had focused on blending mana with the mind and soul so that we could be a merged entity with mana, loved by mana and attributed based on ourselves. You could say it’s like finding one’s self. We also don’t have the, uh, strict hierarchy that you guys have. Obviously we have different levels, but we don’t treat anyone differently.”

“Our grimoire is like everyone’s grimoire, just with a different symbol and design. Ours don’t vary in like page size but rather the cover. Like yours in Clover Kingdom where it’s different colours to match your attributes, but our thickness is not what we base how much a person has mana. It’s the style of their cover. The more mana a person has, the more intricate their cover would be. That’s why mine looks like a mosiac or very, VERY detailed. You can barely differiante the symbol of Staria from my grimoire! And that’s pretty much it about how our mana works.”

I stared at her in awe and excitement. Her nation’s magic is focused from within? And nobles in her nation might not be total assholes? Damn I wanna live there.

She went on about how her healing magic is derived from her attribute and so on, stating all the things she can or can’t heal like a chopped off limb. It’s similar to Mimosa’s healing magic but much more powerful. I really want to learn more from her. We continued to chat more about different spells and magic types, all while getting to know each other a bit better. I guess being a ruler doesn’t necessarily mean all the fun is sucked out of you. She feels like someone that would’ve been great to grow up with.

Liebe’s P.O.V

This doesn’t seem right. This woman... she reminds me of her, has the same name as her, yet doesn’t feel like her. Her mana is familiar like hers, but it is much more powerful. Hers wasn’t that off the charts. No... this isn’t the same person. She had way shorter, grayer hair and was like 2 times shorter. I’m overthinking things, just me being delusional like before. I seriously need to get over it, this will finally bring peace for me and her. I need to focus on defeating that son of a bitch calling himself the Supreme Devil. Right, that’s what I need to focus on, stop dwelling in the past of someone who has passed. I just need to let go.

Author’s Note:
FREEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEDOM AT LAST!!!!!!! EXAMS FOR 5 STRAIGHT DAYS PLUS A HALF BROKEN WRIST. TOTALLY WORTH ALL THE BRAINCELLS I LOST FOR THAT ENTIRE PERIOD. Also, sorry for not updating, me have been lazy and busy. Next chapter will have compensation in the form of drawings. :P