04

"That wine was nothing but a waste," Pansy whined, head tilted backwards to look at me from her spot on the floor in front of the sofa. "You did awfully with it, really," She then shrugged with a grin, making me roll my eyes in amusement.

"Well, do it yourself next time, then," I huffed, shifting on my spot on the sofa. My head resting on the armrest of it, I stretched out my legs for them to inevitably cross over Theo's lap. His fingers immediately starting to drum random patterns on my leg; a wave of relaxation washed over me before I closed my eyes and listened to their conversation absentmindedly.

After dinner, I immediately went and spent the remaining hours until curfew reading up on the things I didn't get the chance to beforehand; this time, without interruptions.

It took all my willpower not to fall asleep right then and there, drooling all over the pages of a book about fatal poisons and curses. Who would've thought a topic like that could've been dull enough.

I decided to stick with the Venectu, making the three hours spent in the library a complete and utter waste, anyway.

"Isn't that your sister?" Eyes batting open at once, I sat up straight at her words, my head turning to follow her gaze towards the entrance of the common room.

Red, messy hair, half of it tied up in a bun sitting on top of her head, Gwen — my little sister — was loudly protesting as she was shoved further into the common room. Coming to an abrupt halt by stemming her entire body weight against the hand holding her by her robes, Malfoy almost ran into her completely, letting go of the fabric between his fingers in the process.

"I can walk by myself, thank you very much," She spat as she took a step back from the blonde, dusting off the parts of her shirt he had creased.

"What the fuck do you think you're doing, Malfoy?" My voice beamed through the common room, loud but calm enough to be threatening.

Walking towards them, his eyes darted over to mine, quirking an eyebrow before his gaze flickered back and forth between my sister and I. Tilting my head, I positioned myself next to her before clutching my hands behind my back.

"Nothing but my prefectorial duties, Hayes," He shrugged casually. His tone, though, was laced with poison, only waiting to take me out. "If she has a problem with it, she shouldn't be wandering about the corridors past curfew, should she?"

My eyes darting over to my sister's only for a moment, I furrowed my brows at the explanation. He was right, of course. And the prospect of having to admit that made me scrunch up my nose, my fingers fiddling with the ends of my sleeves.

"Oh, what?" He snickered, tongue poking the inside of his cheek in amusement. "Is it that hard to admit I'm right?" His brow raised expectantly. "Go on, say it," He mused with a smirk on his face.

"Fuck off, yeah?"

"With pleasure."

Nudging my sister towards the sofa my friends were still lounging on, I paired the gesture with a stern nod in the same direction.

Letting myself fall on it, I gestured for her to do the same. Almost unconsciously, my eyes wandered over to where we stood moments ago, catching just a glimpse of Malfoy's robe before he disappeared back out of the common room.

The stone wall closed again, and my gaze shifted back towards my sister.

"Am I in trouble?" She whispered harshly, looking at me out of the corner of her eyes as she sat on the floor in front of the sofa, inevitably landing next to Pansy in order to avoid my gaze.

Theo snorted at the question, his lips turning into a wide grin before shaking his head.

"Please— The last person who'd be justified to get you into trouble for that is Adreanna," He laughed lowly. "Sneaking out at least three times a week these days, aren't you? What, you didn't think we noticed—?"

"—Shut up!" I groaned, hitting his shoulder in an attempt to hide the surprise on my face and in my voice. A singular laugh escaped Gwen's lips, eyes darting back and forth between the boy and me in amusement.

Pansy, following our conversation closely, couldn't help but chime in. "It's that Ravenclaw boy, isn't it?"

It's in order to find a solid plan to kill our headmaster, actually.

I rolled my eyes, instead, letting go of a laugh before grabbing the pillow in the corner of the sofa to whack it over first hers and then his head while muttering countless variations of pleas for them to shut their mouth.

Sighing loudly, I placed the pillow back where it belonged and leaned into the sofa. Absentmindedly, I played with my sister's hair, braiding the parts of it that weren't up in a bun or simply brushing my hand through it.

"You are in trouble," I then murmured, shaking my head with a smile on my lips. The girl turned around abruptly, her brows slightly furrowed as she waited for me to continue. "For getting caught, you dim-wit. That's just embarrassing."

Pansy nodded in agreement, giving her a stern look before a grin tugged at the corner of her mouth. "That's true, Gwen. We expected better from you." Patting her head in an intentionally condescending manner, Gwen groaned lowly before moving a few feet to her right.

Though, Theo just picked up the gesture and continued patting her head as if she was three years old instead of thirteen.

With an even louder groan, filled with more annoyance, the girl scrambled up from her place in front of the sofa to stand, giving each of us a glare, scrunching up her nose and then turning around to walk off towards the dorms.

Looking after her until the incoherent stream of curses coming from her mouth was no longer audible, I let out a single laugh.

"So, that Ravenclaw boy, yeah?" Pansy continued, a smirk on her lips as she looked at me with wide eyes.

Snickering, I shook my head. "I don't kiss and tell, Pans. You know that." 

A/N: Hey hey

Daily updates it is, I guess LOL

I hope you enjoyed this chapter and I'll see you tomorrow!!!  hehe