18

I wasn't quite sure how to describe what I felt.

When I first noticed, my heart dropped into the pit of my stomach, stayed there for a full minute before my attention was caught by my racing heart and the sound of my own blood rushing through my veins so loudly I felt dizzy and sick.

Then, after a moment of consideration, I felt the oncoming stress — and the guilt I've been carrying around with me — fall off of me at once, a strange feeling of relief and peace of mind washing over me.

Though, that lasted only until I saw Harry Potter making his way over to the blonde, freckled Hufflepuff Chiara Normand, who seemed to have just been released from the hospital wing.

With a stern expression on his face and his brows furrowed slightly, he was surely inquiring what she recollected from that evening — completely disregarding the fact she was probably weak and confused after spending weeks unconscious in the with Madame Pomfrey.

I didn't notice at first, but I was standing in the middle of the hallway, just watching them. Not moving, hardly breathing in order to not make a sound and observe their interaction without interrupting.

I began moving as soon as I picked up on it, fiddling with the sleeves of my robes as I straightened my posture. I took a deep breath right before I walked past the pair, the girl giving me a polite smile as if I wasn't the reason she almost died.

The gesture made Potter turn around, eyes widening just slightly as he recognised me.

My pace was fast, trying to get to the dungeons as quickly as possible without blatantly running there. Though, it didn't take a genius to know whose footsteps I was hearing behind me now.

Noticing them, I came to a halt abruptly, not bothering to turn around because I knew he'd be standing in front of me only seconds later.

He was, now.

"Harry Potter, what an honour," I groaned, a fake smile plastered across my face after the words left my mouth. "What do you want?" My arms crossed in front of my chest, and I tilted my head in a condescending manner.

"I saw you," He deadpanned then, his breath a little heavier as his green eyes stayed connected with mine. His brows furrowed in what I assumed to be anger.

I rolled my eyes, another small groan escaping my lips mockingly.

"Could you stop with the dramatics, Potter? It's not necessary, is it? I have to bloody see you every day, too. So get specific, or—"

"I know you and Malfoy are leaving the castle together."

My brows knitted together tightly at his statement, eyes darting through the more or less empty corridor as I thought about what he was saying.

"What?" The question was almost accompanied by a laugh, though I had enough self-control to stifle it.

"What?" He spat back.

"Slowly but surely, the chosen one is losing his mind," I hummed to myself, a small smile on my lips as I raised a brow at him challengingly.

"I know what I saw," He hissed, taking a threatening step forward as his eyes narrowed in anger.

"So you are following me?" I respond dryly, my attention on my nails as I held my hand out in front of me to take a closer look at them.

He chose to ignore my remark. "You enter a room, and then you leave Hogwarts. Sometimes together, sometimes it's just you, and sometimes it's just him. But you leave, and you come back, and I will find out how," He snarled. "I'll find out how, and I'll find out why."

"Are you done?" I sighed, eyes snapping back up to him to see him a lot closer than he originally was, brows furrowed and eyes narrowed. I rolled mine at the state of him.

"I'm not done—" He began in a hiss, lunging forward to grab me; possibly hit or hex me, even. And though I would've loved to see him try, all I did was take a step to the side to avoid him, unimpressed with his efforts.

"Someone's a bit angry today, hm?"

Both of our heads snapped towards him in an instance, and I didn't think this encounter could get any worse when my eyes fell on Malfoy standing a few feet away from us, a condescending smirk on his lips.

"Piss off, Malfoy," Potter sneered, his full attention on the blonde boy now rather than on me. I had to agree with him on that one.

"Now, now," He tutted, clearly enjoying having the upper hand on his emotions. "I don't think that's any way to speak to your superiors, is it?" His head tilted slightly as the words left his mouth, and I had a hard time not groaning in annoyance at them.

When his eyes fell on me, I mouthed a "Go away", though he chose to ignore it.

"You're no superior of mine, Malfoy," He huffed back, Potter's nose scrunching up in anger as he stood right in front of him now, head tilted upwards slightly. The blonde laughed dryly at his words.

"We'll see about that," He shrugged. "Twenty points off Gryffindor for harassing other houses." Malfoy smiled brightly before his expression turned completely serious again. "And another ten for being an insufferable little brat," He spat. "I'd have them owl your parents but— oh well."

Malfoy huffed dryly as he left the Gryffindor boy standing right then and there, pushing past him — his shoulder hitting the brunettes purposely — before grabbing me by my robes and dragging me with him.

"What do you think you're doing?" I hissed quietly, keeping my voice low though not holding back on the annoyance in it. "This has nothing to do with you."

"He very clearly brought my name up, didn't he?" He shot back, letting go of my robes and shoving me forwards in the process. "So, be grateful and shut up."

Skipping down the stairs towards the dungeons, I snorted dryly, shaking my head at his sheer stupidity. "Oh yeah," I snarled. "Because standing up for me will make us much less suspicious, right? Merlin, you're such a fucking idiot, Malfoy."

We came to a halt in front of the bare stretch of wall leading towards the common room, and he said the password before I had the chance to, pushing into the common room before me.

Though, he came to an abrupt halt before anyone inside the common room could see us. Turning around swiftly, his own face threateningly close to my own, his words were like venom sinking into my skin.

"I advise you to watch your fucking mouth, Hayes," He seethed, eyebrows furrowed as his eyes scanned mine for any sign of a reaction.

And while my breath had picked up just slightly — little enough for him to not even notice — and I took a single step back, I quickly straightened my posture before pushing past him, my shoulder hitting his with as much pressure as it possibly could.

"Fuck you," I deadpanned, back already turned towards him before I disappeared in my dorm. 

A/N: Harry is so nosy plsss also drarry <3 

Also my new podcast episode will be out on Youtube, Spotify, Apple Music and Amazon in 5 hours! You'll find the link to all of the platforms in my bio. :)

See you tomorrow. <3