15: Astronomy Tower

A few days had passed and everything had been going back to normal, Mattheo and I are best friends, Fred and I are talking and flirting a lot more (much to Florence's dismay) and all our friends were fine with it.

Walking through the hallways with Ginny, we were quickly called to the great hall.

"Ladies and Gentlemen, I would like to announce something so if you could all quiet down" Dumbledore exclaimed, by the sound of his voice nearly everyone dropped whatever they were doing to accompany him.

"This year Hogwarts is very lucky to be hosting the Christmas Masquerade Ball, it will be on Christmas Eve, the ball will start at 7 and end at 12, Dates are welcome, and please enjoy yourselves, thank you" He announced loudly, causing many girls to squeal.

Glancing over at the Gryffindor table I turned to find Fred already staring at me with a smirk on his face. Once he noticed me look at him, he winked before turning and conjuring up a conversation with George.

"You know we should go shopping for dresses" Pansy whispered from beside me, looking up to her, i knew the exact dress i wanted to get.

Seeing as it was already the 10th of December i needed to get a date and my dress quickly, i knew who i wanted to go with i just didn't know if they wanted to go with me. Shaking that thought out of my head i got up from my seat as everyone had done the same and walked out and into the hallways.

I had never really explored Hogwarts before, I think i was just too busy, but seeing as I had nothing to do I wanted to see what my school had to offer.

Through the corridors all i could see was... nothing, it was nighttime so that i was nobody was out, my hands sliding against the walls, admiring the art and the structure of it. Being out in the dark, reading, and watching the stars was one of my favourite things to do.

Hearing footsteps, i turned slightly to see Florence talking to fred, my heart dropped into my shoes was he just using me for sex i thought o myself, quickly trying to figure out what they were saying, i leaned up against the wall and poked my head out a little bit.

"But why didn't you ask me to the ball" i heard Florence say with a sad tone, which caused fred to laugh.

"Ae you fucking serious, i am over you and i have been over you for the oast year, just because someone a lot better than you has come into my life and owns a piece of my heart now doesn't mean you can keep pretending to love me," Fred said angrily, blushing hard at his comment, i took my hands up to my face before rubbing and squishing my cheeks together.

"What do you even see in her, she's fat and ugly." she spat out.

"She is nice, funny, loyal person, she can take jokes and doesn't pressure me into things, that the exact opposite from you, you're manipulative-" not wanting to invade their privacy, even more, i started walking away from where i was standing and somehow lead myself to the astronomy tower, it was magical, absolutely ethereal, seeing the stars and the sky made me relax almost instantly, it was beautiful, sitting down on the ground i hung my legs the edge.

My mind was pounding at the words that Florence said 'she's fat', they kept replaying over and over again, was i really fat, what did everyone else think of me, why did Fred even show interest in me when he can go to Florence, who is beautiful, skinny and amazing.

My thoughts were cut quickly by the sound of footsteps walking up to the astronomy tower, turning around i was faced with Fred, just him.

"Oh i didn't know anyone was up here," he said quickly and in a nervous tone, which caused me to shot him a curious expression.

"What's wrong?"

"Nothing, nothing wrong, why do you think something is wrong" he exclaimed, which i knew was what he said was a lie.

"Because i just know that something is wrong," i told him.

"I'm just really stressed about what i am going to do when i leave this year and like this girl, merlin there's this one girl that i can't get off my mind," he said in a dreamy voice.

"Ok so tell me all about her" i questioned him, although it killed me knowing that he wasn't talking about me, i still wanted to be a good friend and help him out.

"Her smile, her smile could light up any room, it was so comforting and safe, if you were sad or anxious about anything and she smiled at you, you would instantly know that you're ok and protected. Everything about her is amazing, not only her looks but her looks are to die for, her eyes, you could easily get lost in them because everything about her you could get lost in, the way she smells, the way she walks, the way she talks, the way she listens and the way she cares" the way he described this girl made my heart flutter, knowing i want someone talk about me like that.

"So she is your everything," I asked him lovingly, his eyes flickered up to mine, and smiled softly.

"Yeah, she is"

"Who is this girl"

"You know her," he told me, I looked over at him to see he was still looking at me.

"Oh yeah"

"Yeah, and i feel like if i tell her it will ruin our friendship," he said sadly.

"Just do it, Fred you're an amazing guy and any girl will be lucky to have you"

"Ok, can i tell you something," he asked looking down at his fiddling hands.

"Yes, you can tell me anything"

"I think I'm falling in love with you," he said quietly, shocked i looked over to him, and grabbed his chin, making him make eye contact with me, still surprised by what he told me, I knew i had to tell him back.

Looking into his eyes, I got lost in them for a second before I finally spoke.

"I think i am falling in love with you too"