Chapter 35: Welcome Home

"Who was the dumbass that decided to shoot him?"

"A police officer named Jacob Lotom."

"Make sure he knows that he's an idiot, especially with whatever last name that is."

"Yes, sir."

"You! I need you to check the stats again for me."

"Again?"

"Yes. We need to be sure everything is working perfectly. We can't afford to lose him."

"Yes, sir..."

"And you two! Is everything ready on the security end?"

"Yes, sir!"

"Good. Good. Well, if everything comes back clear, I say we can wake him up."

"And what if things go wrong?"

"Then we'll just keep working."

"Don't you think we've got enough on our plates with the other one?"

"If you think this is overwhelming, then you get your pathetic ass back home right now."

"Y-yes, sir. Sorry, sir."

~~~~Time Skip~~~~

Everything is fuzzy but with everything that's happened, that has turned into a normal feeling when waking up.

"Morning, sunshine!" a man says.

Bonnie sits up, rubbing his head, as he tries to remember what happened.

"Ugh. Where am I? What happened? Who are you?"

The man chuckles. "I'm Apollo Baldwyn and you my good sir are in our lovely crazy bin!"

"What?"

"You see, you kind of – how do put this – lost your mind. You tried to kill a man but ended up killing a fellow robot. You were so aggressive, that the police had to use very violent means of stopping you. Which unfortunately meant a bullet straight to the abdomen and then a highly electrical pulse being shoved into your neck," he explains. "And so now you are here. At Baldwyn Mental Asylum."

Bonnie stares at him, wide-eyed, as he doesn't truly believe what he's hearing. Slowly, he looks around. There are security guards around, ready to attack, and doctors just watching. All eyes are on him. He's just in a poor excuse for a bed in the middle of the room.

"Do you remember any of this?" Apollo asks.

"No..." Bonnie shakes his head, trying to stop the pain. "Y/n... Where's y/n?"

"Probably at home doing whatever. No one has seen her after your little breakdown."

Bonnie turns to him. "How long has it been?"

"A week and a bit. Not nearly as long as your ten-year sleep."

"Ok..." Bonnie nods. "Can I see her?"

"I'm afraid not. We don't do visiting here for safety reasons."

"I'm a type two..."

"Eehhh. About that..."

Bonnie stops rubbing his head as he freezes, already fearing the worst. "W-what?"

"You see, the tests we ran on you turned up saying that you were neither a type one nor two but that something was seriously wrong."

"So I can't see y/n?"

"No."

Bonnie's shoulders drop as disappointment flows over him, all while thinking about the situation. He's in the one place you were terrified he'd end up. He leans his head on his hands as he doesn't know what to think. He feels perfectly fine. This is not even getting to the issue that he's actually killed someone. Another life has ended and it's his fault.

"Sir..." Someone walks up and whispers. "He's acting completely normal, do you think it's a negative case?"

"I don't care," Apollo says quickly. "Anyway! Suppose you should be given a tour of your new home, hm? Are you able to stand?"

"Yes." Bonnie gets up.

The guards ready themselves as he does but quickly relax again when he doesn't do anything.

"Excellent! Come this way." Apollo motions for Bonnie to follow.

~~~~~~~~~~

Bonnie wanders next to Apollo, only half paying attention to where he is or what's being said as he doesn't really care. He just wants out. Although the place doesn't seem too bad right now, it's clear there will be a hidden side that he'll unfortunately get to see at some point if his luck has any say in it.

"Am I ever going to be able to leave?" Bonnie asks, staring at the dining room.

"No. You're here forever."

He nods and starts to walk again, without Apollo leading the way. "Where will I be staying then?"

"This way."

~~~~~~~~~~

Jail. That's what this place is. It's evident by the clothes Bonnie finds on his bed in his tiny cell. The only difference is that there are extra things in the room, such as the desk and chair, plus the door is made out of complete glass instead of bars. It does make sense to be put here since he did take a life, so strangely, Bonnie doesn't mind it too much.

"You'll be given a map, rule book, schedule, and such shortly," Apollo tells him. "Then we'll be having an interview with you afterwards to see how your brain is going."

Bonnie is escorted into the room by two security guards and the second he's in, they shut and lock the door. That's when he notices how thick and strong the glass is.

"Please, make yourself at home," Apollo says through an open panel before he shuts it.

Everyone just walks away afterwards. Just like that. Bonnie drops his shoulders and collapses onto the bed, grabbing his new clothes to look at them closer. It's a grey one-piece, with his name on the chest and the words 'low security' across the stomach and back. What seems to be the company logo is on the shoulder areas, which just tells Bonnie that everyone here now owns him. Wonderful.

~~~~~~~~~~

He looks to his left towards the bedside table and spots something he doesn't know what to think about. He's been given a picture of you and it's just sitting there, staring at him. Is that meant to be a bad joke? Bonnie's about to grab it but a trap door on the ceiling opens and a file gets dropped through it, crashing to the ground, in which the door then slams shut. He grabs it. It's the map, schedule and rule book. With the utmost care, he tosses it away back onto the floor and lays down on the bed. He feels like he should be freaking out right now, seeing as he's now living in a mental asylum, but he's oddly calm. Maybe he's not as ok as he feels. The memories of what happened have come back so it might be something to do with that. In all honesty, Bonnie's completely fine with knowing he's killed someone. In fact, he'd do it again. It was either Penny or you. What was he supposed to do? Let you die? Let Harry die in vain? No. It was a simple choice. Bonnie digs his claws into the mattress, growling softly.

He'll make that same choice again.