Chapter 10: Glimpse

Bonnie shuts the door behind him as he steps outside. Looks like today will be a repeat of yesterday. Your dad is doing better than before but not so much that you can leave him alone and Bonnie wanted to visit everyone, although today you are more comfortable with him leaving. You got a call from Roxy and she said that things were a bit shifty at the slum and since you can't leave, Bonnie gets to step in. He doesn't know what she means by 'shifty' but she still sounded happy on the phone so it can't be as bad as he's thinking. Hopefully, anyway.

~~~~~~~~~~

As Bonnie gets deeper into the streets and civilization, the same thing happens that has occurred every single time he steps near people. Staring. On the bright side, however, he is doing better at not caring so he can't feel all the eyes burning every inch of him like he used to. He isn't even walking with a confined posture. Normally, all the glaring would make him wrap his arms around himself with tense shoulders and head lowered to the floor but now, none of this is happening. Despite all these positives, unfortunately, the negative outweighs them so Bonnie has to push himself to focus on the good in order to feel comfortable. At least it still feels like a breath of fresh air.

"Hey!"

Bonnie stops and turns, seeing a little girl run up to him, looking very excited with a huge smile on her face. All his memories from working at the pizzeria hit him and so for a split second, he feels at home.

"Hello," he says.

"You're Bonnie!" the girl exclaims in a small but high-pitched voice.

"Yes! Yes I am." He crouches down to be closer to her level. "What's your name?"

"Lilly! Big sister always talks about you. She has a lot of posters and stuff. She would be so happy to meet you! She's sick right now so she can't. But I can!"

Lilly throws her little arms open and hugs Bonnie, who hesitates at first but returns it quickly. Now he's really thinking about his time at the pizzeria. Performing, entertaining, making kids laugh and smile, and turning people's bad days into good ones. It did get tiring sometimes, keeping up with all the energy and such, but Bonnie always enjoyed it – even when dealing with problem kids and occasionally problem parents. At the end of the day, it was all worth it. Ratings were high, the atmosphere was perfect and everyone could simply have a great time. No frowns allowed. Everything was so good there, so important to Bonnie and he can't help but smile when reminiscing about it all as he loved it there...With all his friends.

"Lilly! What are you doing!?" someone calls out.

Bonnie snaps back to reality and sees a very panicked – or perhaps angry – woman storming towards him.

"I was saying hello to Bonnie, Mummy! Big sister will be so proud, yeah!"

The woman merely snatches Lilly away from Bonnie as he stands back up. Her expression shifts slightly when he towers over her, looking way bigger than he did a second ago.

"They are horrible beings, Lilly!" she exclaims.

"But he's not infected."

"For now." She glares at Bonnie. "This one alone could wipe us all out."

She looks him up and down as Lilly mouths a small 'sorry' to him. He gives her a soft smile.

"Look, when you turn evil, don't come anywhere near us. And tell your friends that they need to do the same. You all need to stop this."

Bonnie accidentally lets a small tut out at the last comment. He was planning on not saying a word but now he can't seem to do so.

"Ma'am, with all due respect, it wasn't a choice for us. We can't simply stop at will," he says. "None of us wanted this."