Chapter 48: Escape (Part Two)

"All units to high security, deck three!! I repeat all units to high security, deck three!!! We've got a loose robot!!!!"

The majority of the security for the entire building runs around as they all try to restrain Bonnie. He's just exited his cell and is just standing out in the open as most of his jacket drags behind him on the floor. Guards hold up tasers and ropes – some even with guns – while Bonnie merely stares at them all. They all yell at him to get back into his cell nice and calmly but it barely registers in his head. His mind flashes and spins as he tries to comprehend what's going on. You were here. That's right. You were here for him. He needs to get to you. There are only four guards here with him. Bonnie looks down at his hands, tattered and damaged, before slowly raising his gaze to look at each of the guards. There are only four.

~~~~~~~~~~

"Sir, you shouldn't be here."

"I own the damn place!"

Apollo shoves his way into the high-security room, only on the first floor, and looks up through the gap in the middle that goes right through all the floors. It's quiet. There were four men up there and only three of them are down here on the ground, simply knocked out with minor injuries to their heads.

"Catch him!!!" someone yells.

Loud clanging is heard before the fourth guard hits the side of the second floor and falls face-first onto the ground. Everyone rushes to him and he's in the same condition as everyone else. More security arrives on the third floor but Bonnie is already gone.

"Put the whole place on lock-down, nobody rests until we find him," Apollo orders. "And make sure everyone knows not to hurt him. No permanent damage is to be done... I can't afford to lose him."

"Yes, sir."

"Tend to the wounded and tell me when you find him."

Apollo swiftly turns around and rushes out of the room. Was this inevitable? Maybe. If you hadn't slipped inside none of this would be happening. Maybe Freddy had something to do with it.

"Oh..." Apollo says to himself. "You little devil."

~~~~~~~~~~

Just as he thought, Freddy is nowhere to be found.

"Why did we have to resurrect the one dickhead that would screw everything up." Apollo throws papers at a random worker. "You know how much time and money I've invested into this place? Into Bonnie? I'm not about to let that go."

"Yes, sir."

"Boss!" A guard bursts into the room. "We think we may have a lead on Bonnie."

"Where?"

"A lot of people have been reporting the sound of someone crawling inside the vents and Bonnie's sensor chip is going off near there but... There's also another place with the same reports."

"The second one's Freddy. Go for them both." Apollo grabs the guard's arm. "Bring me to Bonnie. Now."

~~~~~~~~~~

Not too far away from the cafeteria. That's where he supposedly is. Apollo and a few guards crawl their way into the vents and slowly make their way to the spot.

"He's stopped moving, sir."

"I told Maya to activate the dormant drug in him."

"Oh..."

"Also, could you put that gun away?"

"It's not a gun for bullets, sir. It's the one you said to use for emergencies."