Chapter 44: Yes, Boss

"Good morning, my good man!"

"Ugh. Who are you?"

"I'm Apollo Baldwyn. You're in a hospital."

"What hospital?"

"A hospital to help people with the virus of course."

"The virus...You mean the virus I had and died to! What the hell is going on?!"

"Now now. I can explain but we have to do some tests first to make sure everything is ok."

A doctor approaches. "Can you tell me your name?"

"Freddy Fazbear."

"Birth date?"

"February 8th."

"Look here..... And here... Everything seems fine for here, sir."

"Good."

Freddy eyeballs everyone and everything in the room, none of it is familiar. There are pieces of tech he's never seen before. Apollo returns next to the bed he's sat on with a drink, which he hands over.

"How're you feeling?" he asks.

"Tell me what's going on then I'll decide."

Apollo sighs. "Well, as you know you had the virus and died from it. Well... That was ten years ago."

Freddy stops drinking and looks at him. "Ten years? Are you serious?"

"Yes. Um, the virus has spread considerably since then so every single animatronic is infected. It's also not the same as you remember it but that's for another time. We have been working on a way to bring back those who have passed due to it, starting with you. It's taken about five years and here you are! Good as new. There is no trace of Fatal Insanity in you and you are as healthy as can be!"

Freddy goes silent for a moment. He's...free? The last thing he remembers is being shut down. That feels like two minutes ago but it's been ten years.

"W-what about Chica?"

"We've only managed to bring you back."

"So she's dead?"

"Oh right! You were shut down before. Sorry."

Freddy shakes his head. "Goldie?"

"Dead."

"Bonnie? He was already in hospital."

"Ah....about him..." Apollo trails off. "He did get shut down but apparently it was a temporary shut down so he woke up ten years after, not infected."

"He did!? Where is he?" Freddy stands up.

"I don't suggest walking so soon."

"I'm fine. Where's Bonnie now? Is he with y/n?"

"Freddy, please. He did wake up without any infection but it did get him eventually... A lot of things happened and long story short, he's barely himself anymore."

"But he's alive." He turns around. "Is he here?"

"Yes but—"

"Where?"

"It wouldn't be wise to see him just yet. You need to rest first. Ten years of being dead is going to be tough on you." Apollo smiles.

"I already told you I'm fine."

Two doctors come over and grab each of Freddy's arms to drag him back to bed. He complies, although unhappily. Bonnie is the only one left alive and he can't even go see him? He's told he'll get to see him in due time.

"You know, when Bonnie woke up here. He was a lot calmer... And nicer."

"Oh you're breaking my heart..." Freddy rubs his forehead.

How did Bonnie get infected? If he woke up after ten years and already everyone had it then who would've known and hunted him down? How did he end up here? Don't they have the tools to treat it yet?

"What about y/n?" he asks.

"That we don't know. Ever since Bonnie was sent here, they seemingly disappeared. It's a good guess that they are still with their dad but no one knows for sure."

"When am I going to be let out?"

"When we make sure everything is working."

"Which will be?"

"No promises."

Apollo leaves. Just like that. No other words or explanation. Freddy isn't given the chance to ask anything else. That guy is hiding something. There's a doctor standing next to the bed, looking at a screen displaying information about his vitals. It wouldn't be the kindest way to get information but when shoved into a situation like this, he could care less. Freddy grabs the collar of the doctor and yanks him down, almost causing him to fall over. He angles the doctor's face to look at him.

"Would you like to tell me what's really going on..?"