Chapter 43: Surprise

It's difficult to decide which is better. Being in this cell or out. Bonnie is beginning to lean towards being inside since it means he'll be left alone and therefore safer. Plus, right now, it gives him time to think about you. Thankfully, the amnesia drug was only a temporary thing, as it was likely just a test, so within roughly ten hours his precious memories of you slowly returned to him. Your face, your voice and your name. He just sat in the corner of the room, facing the wall as it happened, laughing to himself until everything was back. A guard told him to shut up at one point but Bonnie simply threw himself at the glass in front of the guard, making him jump backwards. No bravery. Bonnie was punished with an electric shock but that reflects badly on the guard more so than him. In his opinion.

~~~~~~~~~~

He's been spending all of his time just sitting in the corner of the room after everything proved alright with his memories. He'll switch from staring at the floor to staring out the window occasionally. It's interesting to see how everyone else is doing in their cells. Some are doing the same thing he is while others prefer to move around. Some, very aggressively. Bonnie doesn't focus on one thing for too long, however, for no particular reason than to keep his mind working. He's calmed down from everything and so is about as normal as he can get. No manic laughter or hissing. The doctors that occasionally come in to inspect everyone seem to notice this as well but they haven't done anything aside from write it down. If they're really trying to make him better then they should at least have some form of happiness on their faces, but they don't. As if Bonnie's suspicions weren't big enough.

~~~~~~~~~~

"Hey, Bonnie?" Apollo's voice rings out of the speakers. "Hello?"

He knocks on the glass as Bonnie sits up, apparently having fallen asleep. He smiles when Bonnie looks at him and stands to walk towards the glass.

"You feeling better?" he asks.

Bonnie nods.

"Good because I have a surprise for you!" He steps back slightly. "Whether it's a good one or not is up to you."

Bonnie tilts his head and tries looking around outside as much as he can, trying to see this surprise. Apollo is looking off to the right, still with a smile. Two people walk into view, also staring intently at something to the right, but they seem to be guiding more than anything. Then, Apollo holds his hand up, making eye contact with Bonnie. He lowers one finger. Four.
Three.
Two.
One.

~~~~~~~~~

Bonnie almost thinks he's dreaming at the beginning, but now, as he stares at his surprise, he knows damn well this is real. That is real. That, stood upright, attached to some plank by straps. Freddy. Just judging by the emotionless, wide-open eyes slightly pointed up to the ceiling as if strangled, he's still dead. Bandages wrap around almost all of him, covering up multiple damages from the virus and his time with it. His eyes are still slightly yellow from it as well.

"Surprise!" Apollo exclaims.

Bonnie doesn't react. He's completely frozen, unable to do anything but gawk, questioning if this is really Freddy's dead body. To make things worse, one of the people present reach their hand up and touch his eyes just for the sole purpose of moving them to look at Bonnie. That's even worse. Now, he's seemingly having a staring contest with Freddy. Something about looking straight into what once was his friend, alive and well, is stirring something in him. He feels sick. It's as if he can see all the pain Freddy went through before dying and asking Bonnie why he wasn't there for everyone. Why he didn't help. Didn't say goodbye. He's dead. Everyone Bonnie loves is dead or gone.

"We have been working on a project for a long time and I think you'll like it," Apollo says.

Bonnie steps backwards as his legs shake and his eyes well up, still wondering if this is real.

"Oh, come come now." Apollo folds his arms. "You've seen dead bodies before and two of them were your doing."

Apollo steps closer to Freddy and grabs both his hands. He holds them up and waves them, imitating jazz hands. Stop.

"It's your old friend!"

Stop playing with his dead body. Apollo smacks Freddy's cheek, saying something about how difficult it was to get a hold of the corpse.

"And it was all for you, Bonnie."

Bonnie looks between the two. What's that supposed to mean? Did he bring Freddy here just to get at him? Was this supposed to make him happy?

"I don't know when he'll be ready so just... Sit tight."

Freddy's taken away.