Chapter 41: High Security

Bonnie feels warm. Like he's wrapped in a blanket or being hugged. It's a nice feeling, so he just stays still to enjoy it. Is he in a bed? The surface he's laying on is soft and dips in slightly to support him but there's no pillow. There's also something attached to his face, stuck to his mouth. With his eyes still closed, he tries to move his hand to touch whatever it is but finds he's unable to move because of the blanket – so he tries to move that but the same thing happens. It's wrapped so tightly around him that there's no way to move his arms. He opens his eyes finally and immediately knows something is seriously wrong. The ceiling is padded. Same with the walls and floor. Bonnie rolls over and sits up to see where he is and what's wrapped around him. He's not in a bed and it's not a blanket. To put it bluntly, he's in a padded cell, in a straitjacket. One of the walls, however, is made of complete glass, allowing a view of the outside. Bonnie moves towards it, walking on his knees, and sees other cells just like his. Each one has one animatronic in it, all in straitjackets. Some are sitting still, doing nothing, whilst others are running around, banging their head, screaming and crying.

~~~~~~~~~~

Bonnie shifts his focus on the glass so he's looking at his reflection rather than outside. That thing stuck to his mouth is a muzzle. Made of metal. Made for animals. It's been shaped to fit his mouth shape and attach securely so he can't rip it off. When he realises the situation, the spikes around his body begin to burn as they're squished down by the jacket, causing him to constantly shift around in an attempt to soothe the pain.

"Welcome to high security!"

Apollo's voice comes out from some hidden speakers in the room as he talks into a microphone of sorts just outside the glass wall.

"And congratulations on your second kill." He smiles.

Bonnie stares at him, slowly standing up. Apollo keeps his smile even when Bonnie comes face to face with him, towering over him without any emotion.

"Hope you like your new home," he says. "You'll be here for a while."

Bonnie leans his head on the glass.

Apollo knocks on it. "Don't try breaking this by the way. It's as strong as you can get. But you won't be inside here all the time. We'll take you out from time to time so we can... Help you."

Slowly, Bonnie slides down onto the floor, drowning out Apollo's voice. He's not crazy and he does not deserve to be here. He beat that other guy so he's forced to be here. Why? His strength against another should not be an indication of his mental state.

~~~~~~~~~~

He stays in that position for a long time and when he looks up, outside, he sees the majority of the animatronics asleep. Apollo is gone and only the guards are roaming around. Some animatronics are pretending to be asleep, however. When a guard passes by the window Bonnie can see their eyes open for a second before shutting again. It would've been strange and confusing but a burly man walks up to his cell and sees him awake. He walks to the side and seemingly presses something from what Bonnie can see. Then, all of a sudden, something shoots into his neck. It's not even that alarming when considering the number of times he's been through this, so all he does is stare blankly at the guard. Very heavy sleepiness overcomes him quickly, signalling what the shot was. There's probably a tight schedule the high-security people have to follow whether they like it or not, so when it's bedtime, you go to sleep. Bonnie doesn't even really care, however, so he complies with this and lies down on the ground. He's probably not taking this situation as seriously as he should be but what can he do? He's not able to move his arms, he's trapped in a cell and he can't talk properly due to the muzzle. It's worse than low security, but it'll get worse as he's learnt to always expect that and enjoy whatever he has now before it's ruined.

~~~~~~~~~~

He thinks about you as he drifts off. He hopes he'll dream of you. A nice dream. A dream where you're smiling and there's no such thing as this virus. A world where Desmond never existed. Where Bonnie never died for ten years or at least where he was allowed more than five years of life before it happened. He could marry you, have a life with you, still have all his friends and live normally. Happily. That'll never happen in reality but it's calming to simply think about what could've been. If you were here right now you would say that he'll make it through this. That you'll be right there with him throughout it all. It's been a little over a week since arriving here.

Are you thinking about him?