Chapter 21: No Frowns Aloud (Part One)

For most, the ability to sleep is something to be cherished and to be grateful for. That makes sense when looking at all the advantages that usually come out of getting a good night's rest. A lot of people struggle to get into bed at night while they're doing something but when they eventually get in, they aren't coming out without constant pushing to do so. Some people have issues with sleep where they can get very little or none at all. Right now, Bonnie envies those people since right now, he is terrified of falling asleep. All because of one dream. A nightmare. A nightmare so bad, it stuck with him ever since. He was thinking about it all day after he locked himself in the bathroom, refusing to come out even to your pleas. He sat there, shaking and crying about it, his worst fear morphing into that dream becoming a reality. The main issue is probably the vividness of it. He still feels all the sensations that came from it as if it were in fact real – to the point where the only thing that proves it wasn't is the fact you are still alive. You're perfectly fine.

~~~~~~~~~~

Now, here Bonnie is. In the middle of the night, fighting off the urge to pass out and standing over you as you sleep peacefully in bed. He blankly stares at you as if possessed, while making sure to not move an inch for some reason so every part of him ends up tense and unnaturally stiff – especially his arms as they are completely straight right down to his fingers. He studies every part of you. Your expression, breathing patterns, position, twitches, everything, as if he's never seen a human before. Mesmerizing. You're laying on your back with your head slightly facing his direction, in a deep sleep. Your mouth is partially open as if completely relaxed and it takes every part of Bonnie to resist the urge to lean down and kiss you. He counteracts this want by finally moving. He raises his hand slightly and looks at it – specifically his claws. They seem to be longer and sharper, or at least to him they are, but that doesn't change the fact they've already been used to hurt somebody. Bonnie wonders what it must've felt like for your dad to have them dig into his skin and then drag down, splitting his forearm open like it was nothing, all while blood pours out of it. Bonnie will never truly be able to experience something like that due to his lack of skin and blood but he can still feel something close to having his body punctured and ripped open. He won't do that. Not entirely anyway.

~~~~~~~~~~

Very slowly, Bonnie clenches his hand so his claws dig into his palm, already hurting. He keeps going, pushing down until it feels like his hand will tear open and the pain is too much. As he releases the pressure he finds marks on his hand where the claws were. Indents. After staring at it for so time, he moves his hand to his forearm and places the tip of his index claw just at the palm of his hand, pushing down. Once it begins to sting he, very slowly, drags his finger down, making sure there's a line of some sort left in its path. He goes all the way down to his elbow and then he does the same thing he did with his hand. Stare at it. There's a perfect dark line running down his forearm and it tingles from a bearable pain, oddly relaxing in a strange way. He almost wants to do it again. Bonnie goes back to looking at you, still awkwardly holding his hands up as if frozen. You're still asleep, only now on your side still facing him. You wouldn't notice if he slips out for a while, would you? He's been thinking about that place ever since the nightmare like it would be able to soothe him somehow. It won't but he still wants to go. So he will.

~~~~~~~~~~

He gives into his previous desire and leans down towards you. Very slowly as the fear of waking you up is much greater than his thirst for love. Once he gets to his desired position he very gently presses his mouth against your slightly open lips. He can't do much. Usually, whenever a kiss is shared between the two of you, it's your end that's doing most of the work while Bonnie just pretends he's actually doing it since the absence of lips makes it so he can't return it like how he's always dreamed of doing. Due to this, he makes it up by nuzzling you a whole bunch, starting with your mouth and moving wherever your head moves as you mumble and stir in your sleep. Once satisfied, he grabs a random blanket to wrap around himself and heads to the door so he can leave – as if it were the middle of the day and nothing he did ever happened. He stares at you for a moment before shutting the door behind him, as quietly as possible. A part of him wonders what would happen if you were to wake up before he returns and find him gone. Would you panic? Would you wait? Would you go out looking? He wonders and worries but none of that stops or even slows him down while walking through the halls, down the stairs and to the front door.