Chapter 4: Different

The wind moves gently, the sun shines brightly and the birds chirp lovingly as they all do on any normal day so as to give a sense of happiness to anyone paying attention, but this is not a normal, happy day. Everything is functioning like it is, and for other people, it might be the best day, but not for Bonnie. Someone else in the world is enjoying the sunny day like nothing is wrong, and there isn't, for them. For Bonnie, everything stands still in a cold, dead way as everything spins around him and everything becomes annoying. The bird's song pierces his ears, the sun burns the back of his neck and the wind sends shivers down his spine, like nothing else knows how to function, just as he doesn't know how to do anything but stare. Stare at you. Nothing knows how Bonnie feels right now, and neither does he, to be honest. No one would ever understand the feelings, the sensation he has unless they experience it first hand. Everything around him feels weirdly stiff as if they are just as shocked and lost as he is, not knowing how to respond or act but begging to be able to say something, anything. Nothing feels real as Bonnie manages to slowly shake his head at you while you merely stare back, telling his mind that it isn't true. It can't be true.

~~~~~~~~~~

"Please tell me you're joking..." Bonnie manages to whimper.

You shake your head. "I'm not."

He stutters, switching between asking 'how?' Or 'why?' But ultimately stops himself from saying anything and just steps back from you.

"It was when you were in hospital," you start, "and you were asleep... The doctors were instructed to shut you down permanently but the guy doing it couldn't bring himself to do so, so he did a temporary shut down but that apparently went wrong but now apparently it didn't."

"Slow down, darling."

"I-it's just..."

You merely cry and hug him again which he returns instantly, slowly moving down with you onto the floor so neither of you has to stand as you're both feeling too weak to do so. Bonnie leans up against the fence of the gazebo as you continue to sob into his chest but he moves you so you're looking at his face clearly.

"Y/n...can you explain everything to me?" he says.

Your eyes widen for a second and you twitch while so many flashbacks go running through your brain, reminding you of the painful state this world is in.

"Like, everything everything?" you whimper.

Bonnie nods.

"That's going to take all day to explain, Bon."

He shrugs, to say he doesn't care how long it takes as he wants answers but you shake your head, unsure of what to say.

"Start from the beginning."

You wince. What a horrible place to start, but it's the most logical, unfortunately, so you take a deep breath.

~~~~~~~~~~

"While you were in hospital, Desmond got released from prison and found out about the vast population of sentient animatronics. He found someone who also didn't like that and they made a plan to...basically make them suffer. They made a virus. Humans call it 'Fatal Insanity' while animatronics call it 'The Devil's Infection'. W-what it does is turns the infected animatronic into this unstable, kind of animalistic, killing machine—er it sort of does since Des and his partner didn't create the virus very well."

"How so?"

"From what I've heard, which might be completely wrong, they viewed animatronics as mere static robots and so they felt no need to make the virus accommodate all the different kinds, so there are two types of it. Every single animatronic is infected with either one of those types...except for you I guess."