Discovering the Safehouse

They arrived at the same deserted house again where they had locked up Sky, but this time Sappho wasn't as calm as she usually always seemed to be.

Instead of carefully carrying Unity inside the house and tying her up, she dragged her along into the house, she pulled her across the steps leading up to the home, she swiftly tied her up on a chair and pushed the chair into a closet like space, it was just enough to hold the chair. She blind folded the woman and banged the door behind her after locking it, as she stomped off into the other part of the house.

Anush looked stunned when she saw Sappho's demeaner and Arvi casually rolled her eyes.

"What's up with her? She wasn't so harsh with anyone even if she kidnapped them!" Anush said with a puzzled face.

"Well she kind of takes it personally, when she catches human-trafficking bosses" Arvi said as she sat on the dining table.

"Okay but why?" Anush inquired.

"Not my story to tell" Arvi said.

"Anyway, I will just explore the house till then" Anush said

"Okay! but don't tell Sappho about this 'adventure', she doesn't like people snooping around her safe house" Arvi warned and put her head on the table.

Anush went to the entrance of the house and started exploring from there because she followed her teacher's advice 'Always start from the beginning' no matter what you are doing.

She wanted to know the whole story so she looked at the old house from outside.

                                             Source: kamat.com

It looked like a big house with grills and it was located in a secluded place, between 2 towns or villages, Anush couldn't tell, even though she had come there herself, she had merely followed the google map instructions and couldn't map out the place from memory.

When she went inside the house, she saw a huge open space and she could feel the smell the dust accumulated in the house, she saw a pigeon's nest in the corner of the house and saw her shoe prints behind her through the dusty and sooty floor then she counted about 4 doors, one was locked and she could hear Sky's muffled voice crying for help, the other one lead to the dining room but the other two doors were undiscovered.

She pranced ahead to open the 3rd door, it creaked as she pushed it, there she saw Sappho wearing noise cancelling headphones, punching a handmade punching bag, the room looked sad with no lighting, just a small dim light coming from a laptop kept on the day bed, she could see cob webs everywhere and small insects crawling on the walls.

She saw Sappho clenching her fists after ever other punch and she could see her anger through her furrowed brows and her determined eyes, she didn't stop punching the sack till it tore and Anush could now see that the whole bag was filled with old clothes and rags, she quietly closed the door, scared of being the next punching bag if discovered by Sappho and tip toed to the last door.

When she tried to open the door, she saw that the door was jammed by something from the other side, she pushed with all her might but couldn't open it. She then took a run up towards it and slammed her body weight on to the door while pushing it open, she could see an inch inside, she pushed again and it opened wide enough for her to fit.

She was shocked to see the room, it was filled with furniture- bed frames, mattresses, study tables, bags, you name it and she could find it there, she then saw that a small book rack was obstructing the entrance, which now lay flat on the floor because of Anush's force.

All the books were fallen across the room, she saw a photo frame on the floor, when she flipped it, she saw a sweet family of 4 – two daughters, a mother and a father. She took out the old picture from the frame and saw a small child's scribbles it said- Mama, Papa, Didi and Sapna.

So sweet Anush thought to herself, just then she heard Sappho coming out from her room, she stumbled on the furniture but managed to come out of that room but she wasn't quick enough.

"If you like that room so much, next time I could lock you in it, also next time you snoop on someone, try not to stare at the person so much." Sappho said giving Anush a death glare.

"She's joking right?" Anush asked Arvi who was just enjoying the dramatic statement that Sappho just said.

"You wish" Arvi finally said after suppressing her grin.

Nobody can stop me from knowing the truth though! Who is Sappho and why is she such a weirdo kidnapper killer? Also why am I here? Anush thought to herself and just followed them back to the dining room. 

They heard screeching noises from the closet now, like nails on the door.

"The demon has awakened" Arvi said as all three of them stared at the closet

Well we will only know later about how well Sappho treats Unity! Stay tuned to readabout the next chapters.