AIM FOR THE SKY

Anush and her gang headed home after they witnessed Sky's kidnapping. They went straight to bed feeling beyond tired.

The next morning,Sappho texted Anush an address on her phone X and asked her to be there by 1300 hours but curiosity got the better of Anush and she went off to the location as soon as she got the message.

She reached the location to find nothing but a deserted home of sorts, she went in and searched the home and she found a locked door and figured it was where their guest of honour might be kept. She heard Sappho and Arvi talking at a distance, and she found them atlast in the next room.

"Okay, so there you guys are!" Anush said.

"Yup, I knew it, you have arrived before time, its 10 am, you didn't get what 1300 hours meant?" Arvi said.

"Ok leave that now and let's get some information. Arvi get the recording and the light too, we can't keep this guy for more than 24 hours okay? The police might get involved after that so right now we don't have time for your quarrel, and Anush, you will be a mere spectator and won't interfere or even talk for now ok?" Sappho commanded.

Anush nodded without saying a word as she followed Arvi.

Arvi had a speaker and 2 studio flash equipments like the ones used in photography.

She handed Anush a mask and wore one herself as they proceeded to enter the locked room, they kept the speaker outside the door and went inside and set up the light. Sky was tied to a chair in the dark and dull room, he looked exhausted from trying to escape.

The lights were switched on and it had a startling effect on him as he tried to adjust to the brightness and see through it to get an idea of his kidnappers, just then the recording was played. The voice was very course and sounded like a man talking

"Hello Sky or should I say Aakash Pandey, I don't want to really get too close to you yet because I am told I get very intimidating. So, if you want to cut this short just tell me about the Live Gang and what all do you know about it and make that quick because once I lose my cool, man, I can assure you that you might lose something more valuable. I am giving you 30 seconds to open up after that I am just going to break it out of you." The recording stopped.

It sounded so real that Anush felt like maybe there was a man interrogating him instead of them.

"You have 10 seconds left before I let my friends meet you personally Sky, so reassess your decision while you can" the recording continued.

Sky started laughing, he stopped and said "You really think I know about this gang? I feel you are better off just killing me."

"Well, next time get me a better answer than this." The voice was played again as Arvi went near him and gave him a beating of his life, it wasn't enough to kill him but it was quite distasteful when blood started streaming from his broken nose and his eyes looked like tiny slits as it swelled up.

"Sky, my child are you ready to talk or do you want a dip into a pool for a bit?" The man's voice continued.

"I—will—tell—youuh" Sky said in a muffled tone.

"Go on then I have to get to my son's birthday lunch soon so tell me fast" the voice said.

"The Live Gang was started by us, the Cosmic Gang, we are in the human trafficking business and we wanted people to know that we are not afraid to kill anyone in the way of our territory, we had to make a statement. I knew that we will be kidnapping people from their offices or parks and then illegally selling them off to our clients, I was fine with that but killing people wasn't in the plan. This was all Unity's idea, she went on to make it happen, I didn't even know about it until I had to dispose off the body." Sky said weakly and fell unconscious.

Arvi and Anush left the room locking it behind them and moved the speaker.

"Right now, we know that Unity is involved fully in the game plan but what do we do next?" Anush inquired

"Don't worry, you don't really need to know, it will be handled" Arvi smiled at her.

Sappho was waiting outside for them, "Okay so Arvi while you practised your punching skills, I found out Unity's location through my contacts, well she is chilling at a salon today, it seems she loves getting dolled up" she said as she smirked.

"What about our lovely friend" Anush asked in a serious tone.

"You can keep him if you find him so lovely otherwise you don't need to worry about him" Arvi said.

"No, I would rather burn him in hell for selling people as things" Anush said sharply.

"We know that feeling but right now I feel its better we get dolled up" Sappho said.