My Husband's Rival

Chapter Eight:

"Are you really sure, you're just fine?" Alena asked me and because she isn't just my co-owner, she is also my best friend which is why she really cares for me.

I smiles at her. "Yes, I'm fine."

"Are you sure?"

"Yeah!"

"Then, why do you look so down?"

Yes, I feel so down yet, I know it was wrong but I cannot help it. Yesterday, my dear husband never left my side. He really did take care of me, though I felt that I am missing something so important that I couldn't figure out. The truth, the day of my parents' anniversary, I knew I drink a lot but not to the point of being drunk and I even rested at the outside still, I got home wasted...?

I sigh. "I'm not down, it just that... I'm thinking of something."

"Something? And what is it?" She curiously asked and I was about to answer when the door of our store suddenly opens.

We both look back at the door and greeted the costumer that comes in. Alena immediately went to take care of our costumer while I continue making the bouquets that was ordered from us. When suddenly Alena comes back to my side and in a low tone, she told me that I was the one that the costumer wanted to speak.

"Me? Why?"

"That was also my question," she said. "So, do you know him?"

I look back to see him but, "I don't know who he is."

"Well... go to him."

"But I need to finish these."

"I'll handle these." She said. "So, go and check out who he is, okay?" she smiles at me.

Oh, well, I don't have a choice so I left what I was doing to check out our customer.

"Excuse me?"

He turned around with a smile. "Oh, hi! Mrs. Del Gazini?"

"Do... do I know you?" I asked him and try to recall when and where did I met him but I couldn't recall a thing.

"Oh, you don't know me, Mrs. Del Gazini. But I know who you are." He smiles at me and I actually knew how he knew me.

"Are you a friend of my husband?"

"Uhm, sort of."

What did he just said? "Ahm, what do you mean?"

"Oh! We're rivals, we compete when it comes to business." He explained. "Anyway, I'll introduce myself. I'm Kanik Reinhardt." He said and handed his hand for a hand shake.

Kanik Reinhardt, the second powerful and rich man at the Sky City, one of my husband contenders in the business. Although no one can still beat my husband no matter how hard they tried, no one can come first at him.

"It was pleasure to meet you Mr. Reinhardt." I said as I accept his hand shake. "Anyway, what do you want from me?" I asked afterwards.

"I'll order one bouquet of Yellow Marguerite, Tansy, Rhododendron and Iris." He said with a smile and I'm a bit surprised though.

--- --- ---

Jr.