The Truth Finally Revealed

Chapter Twenty-Three:

I don't know but there's something going on but I stay quiet about it and go with the flow. Even though what I witnessed last night is still intact into my memories I couldn't ask him why? Why do I have to forget what I saw last night? And his eyes are one I will never forget yet I cannot ask him.

Is that the secret he wanted to hide from me? Or there is more than that? I don't know, but whatever it is I am so sure I will eventually learn all his secrets.

"Well, then," I smiled. "Why don't we do what you suggested? Let's have a vacation as our second honeymoon." I don't know but after I said it his facial feature changes in a glimpse then he was back to normal.

"I don't think we can do that."

"Why?!" I suddenly burst out. "Oh, sorry! I didn't mean it."

"That's fine, Love. You have all the rights to get mad and I'm really sorry. Something suddenly happened in the office and I really had to take care of that."

"What about Uncle Norward? Can't he just take care of it?"

"No, he can't." he answered. "Because I'm the head of that project so Uncle can't take care of it alone."

"Oh, okay. Then, I'll just go back to the shop, since I won't do anything here. I rather work than to be here all alone." I spoke.

"You won't be alone." He suddenly answered. "I'll accompany you."

"But you've said you have work so how will you accompany me?"

"It won't take long so I can still be with you after that. And we can still take a short vacation from a near place. How about the beach? We can go there after I'm done. What can you say?"

I don't know but I have this feeling that I had to reject him for a reason that I witnessed last night. The blood that I saw from him, I already knew he was badly injured last night. But the question is what happened? How did he get that wound? And just thinking of it I cannot hide my fear and I tremble when I remember the blood from his hands rather than seeing those mysterious eyes of him.

"I..." without knowing I embrace myself because of this fear that suddenly emerges.

"Love! Are you alright?" he worriedly asked and quickly came at my side.

"No!" I suddenly jumped out when he was about to hold me. "Ah! I'm sorry! I... I mean..." I suddenly feel surprised and confused at the same time as I recalled the events of last night and I cannot hide it any longer even my voice was cut too short and I'm lost. "I think I shall go get some hot bath." I said and without letting him talk I left him quickly and went straight at the bathroom.

"Shuki!" I heard him called but I just left him without looking back.