Chapter 5

Amanda's everyday routine:

-Wake Up

-Looks at the clock

-Sleeps again

-Wakes up again

-have breakfast( sometime proceeds to brunch)

-working on her novel

-(if she could) take a bath

-eat

-work again

-sleep

She has been doing the routine ever since she got her own apartment; ever since her novels were bestsellers and ever since she got famous for being a romance novelist. For the last three years, Amanda Adams never sat down on a chair, taking down antihistamines and looking at the single rose on a thin crystal vase.

Who would possibly give them? Amanda thought no one in her mind. She never knew any men in her entire 25 years of existence, apart from her deceased father, her brother-in-law, her nephew, Mr. Hudson and Henry.

Henry. Henry. Henry? HENRY? HENRY!? No way. NOOO WAAY. Absolutely not. Could always be anyone. Not him. Amanda gave a long sighed, remembering that incident in the elevator. It's all about that game. That stupid game. I should have been quiet. I should just have smiled and kept all those emotions hidden. She grabbed her hair with both hands. Now, look at what you just gotten into, Amanda.

That night, in the midst of her work, her phone rang. Amanda looked at her phone. It was from an unknown caller. Does somebody also want to make one of my novels a film too? She felt excited about the thought.

"Hello?" Amanda answered, almost singing.

"Hi." Said the caller. The excitement, like a thermometer, drop fast by the time she heard the voice. She jumped out from her seat, horrified at the voice she immediately recognized.

"Amanda Adams?"

I need to think of something. She pressed her fingers on her noise and began to answer. "N-no. She-she's not me. Th-this is.." Amanda quickly looks around to see any possible name she could use. "R-R-Rosey uhm—uhh..Th-Thorns."

The caller took a pause. "This is Amanda Adams, isn't it?"

How does he know?! "How dare you naming me with another person!" Amanda shouted, still pressing her nose.

"Aren't you trying so hard?" the caller said.

Amanda got tired as she exhaled. "What do you want?"

The caller chuckled. He's chuckles are even sexier through the phone. Amanda shook her head and placed her hand on her waist.

"Have a little chitchat with me for a while."

"I'm busy. I don't have time."Amanda said in a firm voice.

"Come on. It's kind of lonely in here."

Amanda scoffed. "If you're such a ladies' man, go find yourself some other women. They'll keep you from being lonely. Don't bother me. I have an important life."

"But dreary, if you ask me."

That was the last straw. Amanda decided to end the phone call and threw her phone on the bed. The phone began to ring again and didn't stop ringing until she answered them.

"WHAT?" She sat on her bed, exhausted.

"Look, I'm sorry. That was wrong of me. I want to make it up to you. Can I come by and bring some dinner over?" the caller said. Now, he's warm and gentle.

"Dinner? Where?"

"At your apartment."

Amanda scoffed and gave a mocking chuckle. "As if you know where it is."

The caller chuckled. "Try me. I'll be over there in thirty minutes."

Amanda looks at the clock. It's 8:45 in the evening. What is he going to do now? What am I going to do now? Should I go out and leave the apartment? Should I jump off the window and hide there until he leaves? Hide under the bed? Hide under the sheets? She was panicking ,but thinking that such situation is unavoidable, she tried to calm herself down.

Running away would mean I am scared to face his challenges and that his gestures would sweep me off my feet like a naive young woman. I have to show him that I can face him head on. I am not going to run away.

Taking a bath was easy ,but choosing what to wear is another. She rummaged all her clothes in her walk-in closet. She was indecisive that moment. What if I wear something short and revealing? No. No. I am not that desperate. Wear something in a business attire? NO. Tsk. I have to wear something that says: 'You don't interest me ,so why would I dress up? ' Like a light bulb that just lit up, Amanda got her beige large knitted sweater with gray sweatpants, some gray socks; tied her hair like a bun (didn't comb her hair), didn't clean her squared glasses but did brush her teeth.

Henry was driving in his car, heading towards Amanda's apartment. He remembered someone told him: "Know your enemy first." He knew why he was having hard time breaking her walls down. Know her first. Internet was useless. There was nothing about Amanda that tells anything about her aside from where she lives and her other bestselling books. She got Twitter, Facebook and Instagram ,but he doubted that she's using them.

The best way to know her was to go to her apartment. What's the better option? Surely, she won't let me dragged her to a restaurant and besides she would definitely embarrassed me in front of the people. To think I would bringing such woman to the public? Ha!

Maybe she's one of those woman who wanted some affection. That would be easy. Call her. Go to her apartment. Bring her dinner. Henry knew these things. Shower her lots of affection!

Why isn't she opening the door? Henry was impatiently waiting for Amanda to open the door. She's testing me, isn't she? This stubborn, virgin-

As he was about to knock again, Amanda opened the door.

"Sorry, I was busy with my novel," Amanda said, sucking the chocolate fudge from her index finger. She has been putting chocolate fudge all over her mouth and face, like a naughty child.

She's obviously doing this on purpose. "Going for the dessert already?" Henry licked his thumb and wiped the chocolate from her lip, sucked his thumb and gave her a wink.

Shit. I was aiming for messy. I did NOT expect he would do that. Amanda was shocked.

"So, dinner?" Henry went inside, trying not to laugh at her reaction.

Oh, this is so on. Amanda thought before closing the door behind her.